Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 S turbo
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Scoobys.

Just noticed the my front left coil spring is broken, and my right headlight lens has a crack. My car is soon going on "eu-control" in Norway. So need to fix this. And since I am going to change one spring, I figured why not get some lowering springs. But I am having a bit trouble finding springs for MY 99 s-turbo. Anyone got som Ideas?

Was thinking in the same track regarding the headlights. Is there any aftermarket headlight for the forester? can`t seem to find any.
If not where in the UK could I get just the right headlight? maby even just the lens...

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Finding springs is pretty hard... they either come from Japan (STi), Autralia (King Springs) or the US (Swift Springs). All of this means that they cost a fortune after paying freight and import taxes.

Which is why I'm having a set custom made for me. The manufacturers just needed one front and one rear spring to take measurements from (fortunately, I have a set of SG struts that are off the car so this is a bit easier for me). They can then make the springs with any ride height or spring rate you want - they can even do progressive springs.

My car is an SG but if all goes well with mine, I might consider having some SF ones designed too and then maybe organising a group buy / retailing them as there definately seems to be a gap in the market in Europe.

·
Registered
1999 S turbo
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds lika an intresting plan Gigsy :)
Looking forward to hear how it goes :icon_idea:

The damn coilspring cost just over 200 £ back home ( just the one)
And the headlight was 350£ :starwars:

And since most of you guys drive on the wrong side of the road (exept for the really drunk ones) :Banane08: I guess you have different setting to the headlights....

Found a cheap site :
Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Subaru Forester Headlamp S100127

maby this will work?! Anyone shopped there?

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts