Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new set of BC Racing Inverted coil overs that are equipped with 8k/10k springs right now.
I am considering moving the 8k springs to the rear coil overs and buying 6k springs for the front units.

Do you guys think these will still be too stiff on an 06 FXT ?

I am really looking for something to use while I gather my 6 speed STi parts to do a complete driveline swap.

I really just want to get the thing down a little lower and stiffen it up a bit so it is not like driving the love boat around.

I am probably 2 or 3 months away from having everything I need and the time to do a complete 6MT (and associated suspension/rear end) swap.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
8k ~ 447lbs, 6k ~ 335lbs, would be too harsh for my street car, but I guess it depends on the dampers, roads in your area and your preference.

You are putting heavier spring on the rear, is that typical for Subaru coilovers? Subaru OEM springs are all heavier on the front.

Stan

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
6/8 will be leaps and bounds better than the 10/12 setup, however the 10/12 is something an extreme auto-xer would use and only for the track! for the street, your kidneys wont last LOL... id do a 6/5 setup for strictly street car.

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah when they were up in teh attic in the box, I thought they were the 10k/12k variety, but when I pulled them down today to take pics (considered selling them), I realized they were 8k/10k so I figured I could buy 2 springs and convert them to 8/6 since I already had the 8k springs on 2 of the coils.
It may be a better deal to just sell these and wait until I do the entire swap, I just dont want to drive my new foz around looking like a monster truck for too long.....people may get the wrong idea about me....lol

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
You can get 2.5" springs pretty cheap and try them out. SummitRacing has their QA1 springs -- I'm running a set of 7" 350/250 on the Miata with the GC sleeves, they cost me $178.47 shipped.

You'd probably want 8" springs, that's the length of springs Subaru GC kit comes with. Those I believe are 328/220.

Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts