1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Here you go
ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool

Most ppl here seem to like this one.
I am one such ppl that likes this one :icon_cool:

My car throws a couple harmless codes once every few months (one of them is P0420). If my Check Engine light comes on while I'm driving, I can easily push a couple buttons, see the code, and clear it if so desired while waiting at a stop light...or even while the car's in motion, if it's a straight, lonely stretch of highway.

It displays a bunch of other things too, and can be programmed to be backlit in whatever color and brightness you want. I usually have it set to display my MPG, voltage, and temperature.

Installation pretty much consists of plugging it in and telling it what you want it to display. I should mention that it connects to a vehicle's OBDII port, so it tends to have problems with vehicles which were sold outside of the US, or so I hear.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
^It will work with cars outside the US because it reads EOBD that is the european standard BUT, It does not work with subarus over here older then 2001 because they use SSM instead. So yes I got one but it's useless on my car.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
Can Kurt benefit from purchasing an older Tactrix OpenPort cable, and using RomRaider/ecuExplorer, instead of going the route of a code-reader?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts