Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a Cobb RSB? I ordered their kit for the XT. Today I recieve a confirmation e-mail today that says my WRX swaybar is on it's way. Will a WRX/Impreza RSb fit? The mounts are alot taller on the SG then a GR8. Or am I just a paranoid "bassterd" and it's just a type-o... :oops:

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was just so much drama with the whole lateral link issue. Now I'm trying to get on the road and I'd like to have all my ducks in a row...

Or maybe it's I've been on this thing since 7a.m. and it's like 1:30p.m. now....?

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
dude, you are loopy. You probably meant 1:30am. I am checkin' in at 2:07am. You need some sleep. I just got up.

Many guys here are running the COBB RSB and FSB together as a set. The COBB bar for the Forester is the same with the WRX/STi. Remember, many of the suspension bits are the same.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
to be on the safe side...

before you install that bad boy, you should take the time to measure the length of the bar and confirm with COBB that you have the right one.

COBB initially sent me the STi rear bar (eventhough I ordered the FXT bar) and I went through a 2 sets of end links before discovering it was the wrong bar. COBB promptly shipped me the correct bar when they found out what had happened.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
They should have shipped you out some endlinks too! How will I know if it's the right one? Is the front bar different also?

Northwest Tan said:
before you install that bad boy, you should take the time to measure the length of the bar and confirm with COBB that you have the right one.

COBB initially sent me the STi rear bar (eventhough I ordered the FXT bar) and I went through a 2 sets of end links before discovering it was the wrong bar. COBB promptly shipped me the correct bar when they found out what had happened.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
COBB rear sway bar length for the SG is 43-1/4"

^endlinks would have been nice but they were still in development at the time...

I haven't had any problems with the front bar. I'm not sure if there is a difference b/n the STi and Forester.

Regarding COBB rear sway bars:
  • 43-1/4" end to end is the correct measurement for the Forester (SG).
  • If you get one that is 46" end to end, that baby is for the STi and you should get on the horn with COBB.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, north!

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
[*]43-1/4" end to end is the correct measurement for the Forester (SG).
[*]If you get one that is 46" end to end, that baby is for the STi and you should get on the horn with COBB.[/LIST]
As I read this I began to think why is it then that people can use an STi takeoff rear swaybar yet Cobb's is 2-3/4" wider?

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
I don't understand this. The OEM WRX STI bar is the same width as our FXT rear bar. The Whiteline bar I got is for an STI and it is the correct length for the FXT as well. The STI bar should be the same as the FXT bar because we have the same rear suspension track.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
wadejg said:
I don't understand this. The OEM WRX STI bar is the same width as our FXT rear bar. The Whiteline bar I got is for an STI and it is the correct length for the FXT as well. The STI bar should be the same as the FXT bar because we have the same rear suspension track.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
I wish I could throw a link to my old COBB bar thread right now but that was lost in transition. Maybe these pictures will help.
If I were to rank the bar lengths from longest to shortest it would look like this:
  1. COBB STi = 46"
  2. STi take-off= ?
  3. FXT stock = ?
  4. COBB FXT = 43-1/4"
Top to bottom: Stock FXT, STi take-off, COBB STi, COBB FXT

Top: COBB FXT Bottom:COBB STi
COBB FXT bar length and arms are shoter than the COBB STi version.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I do believe I remember your thread about your fitment issues and don't doubt that the Cobb STi bar doesn't fit properly.

The funny thing is, by looking at the pic of all the bars together, the Cobb STi bar looks the closest to the stocker. Obviously the links went on the outside of the FXT specific Cobb bar.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my COBB STI RSB today. :tempertantrum

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya and I've sent e-mail after e-mail trying to get this thing sorted out and nothing...

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
hmm.. i got my cobb bars from ACHAN a month ago.. i better go measure mine...

the STI RSB that I had went on my car without much issues...

i'm surprised the sti cobb rsb would be longer than the sti bar...

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I measured the Cobb bars that I have vs. the stock FXT rsb..

The FXT bar measures about 44" across, the Cobb 25mm RSB measures 43.8" across...

so I'd say they're pretty darn close... ya, you got the wrong bars... another inch on either side is pretty darn wide!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts