Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 2.5 Manuel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a buddy that wants to trade me my cobb v2 for the following items:
-Cobb intake
-GrimmSpeed 3 port boost controller
-turbo inlet
- walbro 255l the kit
All items are unused and still in their boxes. I was wondering if this is all worth the trade? I do know that all those items added up is about $400 if not more and the cobb is $350 max. However my second question would be is open source better than having the cobb?

My cars info: 2005 Subaru Forester XT
- bc extreme low racing coils
- cp racing pistons
- Perrin catless up pipe
- CNT racing v2 bell mouth catless downpipe
- tsudo n1 style catless catback
- new motor 3500miles

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,706 Posts
My answer, No.

The Cobb Accessport has MUCH more end user abilities over Opensource. The AP allows you to do things like diagnose Check lights, pull timing for bad gasoline, monitor live values and know when there is a problem, and switch to different maps, run a datalog for later viewing, All on the fly.

Opensource has none of this, unless you are always hooking up your laptop to it after each driving session to make swaps and changes.

Theres nothing wrong with opensource tuning whatsoever, but in my eyes as a novice tuner, i will always recommend the AP over Opensource to those who ask, just because of all the things you get with the AP.

If you have the accessport, then Keep it.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 2.5 Manuel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Also I have another question can I trade my cobb and some money in for a v3 or do they not do anything like that?

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,706 Posts
Im not 100% sure on that. Contact them and ask. The V3 is nice, especially from a home tuners standpoint, but it wont yield your car any performance gains unless your a budding tuner and want even more end user capabilities than the V2 offers. Other than a nice display and faster processor, the V3 isnt doing anything different than the V2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts