Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
just finished a swap, put a ej20x with 9.5/1 compression into a 2004 FXT 4eat, it has a grimspeed upipe and downpipe, AEM CAI, Stock Exhaust and td04 turbo with a 15 degree trimming mod. I was wondering what cobb map could I use. right now I am using the Cobb stage 2 91 ron for the forester and it runs really well. This tune I am running is for a 2.5 engine. Is there a tune that would match up better with the ej20x ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
343 Posts
I'm not the guru on these things by any means, but I would wager it is doubtful that you will find a OTS map from COBB that will suit your needs. COBB doesn't operate that way. All of their maps for the ej20 will be for cars that came with that engine. And you cannot port a map from say an 03 WRX to your Accessport for an 04 Forester.

But since you already are running the Accessport why not just have your car pro tuned at this point? You made the endeavor to swap engines, which sounds like it went very well by the way, it would be a shame to cut corners now. Spend the few extra hundred that it will cost, and you will not only get the most out of your setup, but you will have a reliable car as well. You won't regret it.

I had a member @MikeDrives1 on this forum pro tune my car last year. He was super easy to work with, very professional, and very fair for the price of his services. You should hit him up and see if he can sort you out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts