Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear anything more from Cobb on thier vf-39 map yet? I've been holding my breath and now I'm starting to turn blue. Thanks in advance.

Ben
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
I was getting ready to post the same thing :lol:
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what's funny? I had a feeling that you would be the first to respond to this thred. :D

Ben
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now all we need is for [email protected] to post and tell us that they're working really hard on it and it should be released soon. Then this post can grow until they release it in 2008.

Ben
 

·
Registered
2006 RX8
Joined
·
423 Posts
I called Cobb on Friday of last week and the guy I spoke with indicated that the VF39 map was not something that was soon to be released. I got the impression it was not a priority for them at this point in the game, but that they were "still working on it". Maybe it was just the guy I spoke with (didn't get a name), but I sure didn't get a positive impression that it was coming anytime soon.

Jeff
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Guys, stop waiting. Just get custom tuned.
Not all of us have a trustworthy shop within a reasonable distance to get it tuned at.

The only place near me that I would trust is Payn technologies, and Tom does not offer tunes for the Forester or STi.

The other shop is Godspeed, and uhhhhhmmmm yeah, how bout no.
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only have a 3 1/2 hour drive to get to the closest tuner that I have heard positive things about. So if I ever get a day to kill.

Ben
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
Exactly,

The closest person to me that could tune it would be Jorge down in Chicago.



Now if I could just lure him up here with some sushi :evil:

Plus I do not like driving a car that has not been properly tuned.

200 miles away from home, engine goes kaboom, I'm screwed.
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hondaslayer said:
Exactly,

The closest person to me that could tune it would be Jorge down in Chicago.



Now if I could just lure him up here with some sushi :evil:

Plus I do not like driving a car that has not been properly tuned.

200 miles away from home, engine goes kaboom, I'm screwed.
Exactly. I'm from the country and breaking down in East Hartford CT isn't really my idea of a real good time.

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Hello to those who do not know me. My name is Christian, I am one of the AccessECU Trainers and AccessPORT Map Developers at Cobb Tuning. I am aware of the request for a VF39 map for the FXT crew. I wanted to update the concerned parties to let them know the FXT VF39/STi intercooler map has been under development for this last little while. We will most likely complete some additional testing once we get back from Japan (the 18th) before we release the map to the public. I am working on the map notes as we speak. I hope to have this map ready for download by the first of February.

Take care,
Christian.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I few RiftsWRX to me.. ;) Get some guys together and see if that's an option.

Hondaslayer said:
ZuMBLe said:
Guys, stop waiting. Just get custom tuned.
Not all of us have a trustworthy shop within a reasonable distance to get it tuned at.

The only place near me that I would trust is Payn technologies, and Tom does not offer tunes for the Forester or STi.

The other shop is Godspeed, and uhhhhhmmmm yeah, how bout no.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I drove 108 miles to the shop where Jorge tuned my car. He gave me a temp map to get me there safely. You can do the same.

Hondaslayer said:
Exactly,

The closest person to me that could tune it would be Jorge down in Chicago.



Now if I could just lure him up here with some sushi :evil:

Plus I do not like driving a car that has not been properly tuned.

200 miles away from home, engine goes kaboom, I'm screwed.
 

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
Joined
·
9,051 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
I drove 108 miles to the shop where Jorge tuned my car. He gave me a temp map to get me there safely. You can do the same.

Hondaslayer said:
Exactly,

The closest person to me that could tune it would be Jorge down in Chicago.



Now if I could just lure him up here with some sushi :evil:

Plus I do not like driving a car that has not been properly tuned.

200 miles away from home, engine goes kaboom, I'm screwed.
Yeah, just use the temp map and stay out of boost as much as possible.
 

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
Joined
·
9,051 Posts
Christian. said:
Hello to those who do not know me. My name is Christian, I am one of the AccessECU Trainers and AccessPORT Map Developers at Cobb Tuning. I am aware of the request for a VF39 map for the FXT crew. I wanted to update the concerned parties to let them know the FXT VF39/STi intercooler map has been under development for this last little while. We will most likely complete some additional testing once we get back from Japan (the 18th) before we release the map to the public. I am working on the map notes as we speak. I hope to have this map ready for download by the first of February.

Take care,
Christian.
Hmm...Christian gave a time frame of around Febuary so maybe, just maybe you guys will get your map :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 270 Posts
Top