Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT SOLD
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing everything out as far as how my car breathes.

Grimmspeed PnP STi exhaust manifolds
STi up
VF48
STi TMIC
Cobb catted Down Pipe
STi midpipe and back

I am new to Subarus and turbos. I am an old Land Crusher guy. A guy sent me an email telling me that my car will run too lean on the VF39 Cobb map and I will blow my motor. I this true?? It seems like the VF series as far as I have read are all fairly similar. I will gt a pro tune within a month or so but I need to get it scheduled and drive over the Sierras a few hours away. I will drive the car for fun but no racing and I doubt I will see redline very often.

Should I worry??

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Worry...yes, always worry about it since your not tuned.

Speaking of which, I drove 2,000 miles on my vf48 with a stage 2 map limping along. I dont recommend it but if you avoid boost, you should be ok. (I offer no promises your car wont blow, this is advise from my experience)

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
Never mind, Tuned proved me wrong before I finished my post :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I drove 60+ miles to the tuner on Cobb's VF43 map after installing the VF43 and STi exhaust manifolds I ported, I already had the Cobb downpipe. I don't think VF48 is THAT different. If you grandma it, you may make it.

The thing to do would be to contact whomever would be tuning you and talk to them. They should be able to give you a map to limp on.

Stan

·
Registered
2008 Forester sports xt
108 Posts
Yeah I called cobb when I did mine and they said just use the 43 map and drive very nicely:icon_eek:. I drove almost 300 miles to get my tune and everything was fine.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT SOLD
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is the VF43 map? I can't seem to find it. I just have the VF39 map. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
plumb manifold directly to the wastegate...

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Hmmmm..... I will need to do a search on that. Thanks
Its simple really. There is a tap on the compressor cover. Run an air line from that tap to the wastegate actuator. Bundle up the vac hoses for the BCS over by the BCS, and hook them back up when you get to your tuner...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts