Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 xt sports
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced driving their Foresters with Cobb AP in winter? I will be buying one soon but I am concerned about driving it in winter with a stage II mod. What are most of the modded fxt guys doing in this situation? Do you just uninstal it during winter months or get a winter tune? Here's what I got off the Cobb website.

Operating and Storage Temperatures
The AccessPORT is designed to be operated at temperatures between 32° and 95° F (0°
and 35° C) and with a relative humidity below 90%. Using the AccessPORT outside of these
recommendations may result in damage.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,799 Posts
No sure what you mean? :confused: Once the COBB AccessPORT is used to program the ECM, it doesn't need to be connected or even in the vehicle. Mine is stored in the box it came in. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
People keep them in the car all year round, many keep them in the glovebox.

·
Registered
2008 xt sports
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cobb AP

People keep them in the car all year round, many keep them in the glovebox.
What I mean is, once you are tuned and lets say during 70-80deg weather. Then, when winter comes around, temps will be 32deg and below. Your summer tune will have an affect on the ecu during the cold weather. So my question is; does it mean that you need a different map for the winter? If so, what does one do if you want to go back to oem settings? Now keep in mind your on a stage II map with downpipe & axelback mods. Has anyone come across this dilema?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
That has nothing to do with cobb's claim that you were worried about, then. That was for the device itself.

Most tunes cover the seasons pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Car will operate fine in any weather, just like it does when it's stock. The warning has to do with actual device you use to flash the ECU with which only needs to be connected while you are flashing the car.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts