Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cobb sway setup comes with front and rear 25mm bars and HD rsb mounts... I've already got the STI rsb mounts and the sti rsb... how much more beefy is the cobb rear mount, is it worth replacing the sti mount with the Cobb one ?

Lastly, is the front sway install fairly easy, or do I have to uninstall a bunch of stuff ?

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
I've yet to install my Cobb rsb and will take a pic of the mount. It looks and feels strong, and has a cute cobb logo cut in.:rolleyes:

The front sway bar install should be similar to the Strano FSB write-up that is in the contributions section of scoobymods.com. Just retain the stock endlinks, pretty easy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I pretty sure you have to replace the mounts. The COBBs have larger bolts for the clamps
The COBB mounts are stronger because IICR they are made from only one peice of steel instead of the STi which are welded togeather. Is it worth it, not sure, but if you plan to sell the STi bar you might as well swap them out.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Here's a pic. Several reasons to use the Cobb brackets:

*They come with the bar, yes you could purchase the adjustable clamps that would replace the base set.
*The ES bushing and zerk fitting allow greasing w/o removing the clamps. Note the channels on the inside of the bushing.
*There darn sexy:) for something that will never be seen.

Also the bracket is not stamped or forged but welded.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
763 Posts
wagn said:
Here's a pic. Several reasons to use the Cobb brackets:

*They come with the bar, yes you could purchase the adjustable clamps that would replace the base set.
*The ES bushing and zerk fitting allow greasing w/o removing the clamps. Note the channels on the inside of the bushing.
*There darn sexy:) for something that will never be seen.

Also the bracket is not stamped or forged but welded.
I highly recommend the adjustable swaybar brackets fom Cobb. They are made very well and allow you to keep your endlinks aligned at all swaybar settings. I used them with a 24/26/28 adjustable whiteline solid rear bar.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
I've been running my COBB front and rear swaybars for about 3 weeks now.. and damn are they nice. The install was easy, save for having to put on the passenger side rear bracket...

But do be careful.. I've had my rear bar set at the middle setting and this past weekend I snapped the endlink mount right off of the lower arm (while doing 40 down a dirtbike track :p ) .. in addition my stock endlinks are noticeably bent now.

Ohh well, a few more 'projects' to work on. Gotta love the subie :drive:

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Lispisgone said:
But do be careful.. I've had my rear bar set at the middle setting and this past weekend I snapped the endlink mount right off of the lower arm (while doing 40 down a dirtbike track :p ) .. in addition my stock endlinks are noticeably bent now.
It's experiences like this that made my PolTec Box Endlinks purchase a must. It's the cheapest solution at $160.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have to remove the front subframe ?

Lispisgone said:
I've been running my COBB front and rear swaybars for about 3 weeks now.. and damn are they nice. The install was easy, save for having to put on the passenger side rear bracket...

Ohh well, a few more 'projects' to work on. Gotta love the subie :drive:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
Yes.. the two subframe pieces (front) on either side have to come down to get at the swaybar... they are relatively light so dont expect many issues... just make sure any 'important' pieces of your anatomy are out of the way when you drop them :)

Took me a little over 2 hours to get both of them in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts