Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry I need to vent. I just got the bill for my tags. $261.89 What a rip off. Its crap that I have to pay the sales tax every year for a car I'm not selling. I traded in a Tacoma that got 16mpg for a car that gets 26mpg and is a PZEV so I'm actually getting taxed for having a cleaner car. :mob:

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
239 Posts
That's odd, what county you live in? Seems like your car is alittle newer than mine. I have an 05 and I pay $180. In Arapahoe County.
Absubtle
CO

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its Laramer Co. I think thay charge more for living in Fort Collins. And its an 08X

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
239 Posts
08 ****, then, yes, you are screwed. I would be paying more, but I am unincorporated Arapahoe County. So it's around half, the city tax.
That's really not bad, considering your sticker price for a Subaru.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
205 Posts
it's actually ownership tax you are paying which goes down every year for the first several years. if you just purchased this vehicle, you are probably paying for more than one year of ownership tax (from month of purchase until your tags expire). and then there are the various fees...

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's actually ownership tax you are paying which goes down every year for the first several years. if you just purchased this vehicle, you are probably paying for more than one year of ownership tax (from month of purchase until your tags expire). and then there are the various fees...
This will be the 3rd set of tags I have gotten for this car. The first one was over $400 last year was $300 something. I'm just pissed its not going down more. I'm from PA we don't have a system like this back there. I guess I just think its a little crazy to charge me a tax like that.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 x LTD
43 Posts
Bought a new forester recently. Paid about 450 in taxes to dealer in co springs at time of purchase. Got license plates the other day - $1200 in taxes/fees!! Ouch!! Denver county.

Edit: Traded-in $ 12,000 car w/purchase.

·
Registered
2015 XT AT
18 Posts
Bought an 2010 FXT a couple of months ago. It was approx $1,500 sales tax and fees and about $700 for tag @ Jefferson County. Oh well, those pot holes can't fix themselves and the Crown Vics need gas :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT w VF43
53 Posts
Don't forget the bridge and hwy tax :chair: Yeah, no system is perfect...
No crap I had to pay more for the bridge and hwy fee then the tags for a trailer renewal that we only used twice to move it. Just crap, since we won't agree to raise taxes they just tack on fee's to get what they want.

Did anyone else have to deal with the storm water billing from colo spgs, total crap...glad that's done but I'm sure they'll find another way to get the money out of us.

·
Registered
2007 FXT 5MT
420 Posts
I paid $280+ in Arapahoe county. You get taxed on the original purchase price of the car, even if you bought it used. I paid taxes for a $24,000 car.......I paid $14k for it.

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
239 Posts
This will be the 3rd set of tags I have gotten for this car. The first one was over $400 last year was $300 something. I'm just pissed its not going down more. I'm from PA we don't have a system like this back there. I guess I just think its a little crazy to charge me a tax like that.
I moved from CO to PA. Now, I am back in CO. I moved out there w/ a 99 Tacoma. Paid like $63 for tags. But moving back to CO, it cost me $190... plus insurance changes w/ State Farm.

·
Registered
09 WRX 5dr
109 Posts
just wait till you guys move to CA to see how bad taxes can be :mob: I used to live in CO then moved to CA. It sucks

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I paid $600 in 1999 for my 98 Forester. That was after paying $660 for tabs in 98 when I bought it. In 2000 we passed a new car tab inititive and I haven't paid more than $100 for tabs since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts