Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 5 speed mt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chirp that I traced back to the clutch slave cylinder/fork contact point. The chirp goes away with even the slightest pressure on the clutch pedal, I've read it could be the ToB but I'm not going to drop the eng/trans to replace that.

I've tried a couple things; replacing the clutch slave cylinder, greasing the contact point between the pushrod and fork, sliding the tip of a rubber glove in there but it doesn't seem to be enough to get the chirping to go away completely (it is much quieter, but if I leave the car idling it'll get a little louder over time). It seems as though there's a little too much play in the fork although I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to look normally.

Any ideas on what I could do? May try adjusting the actual clutch pedal linkage if I can get a tool in there. Either way I'll be messing around with fine tuning it over the next couple days so any insight is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,942 Posts
@PartySub96 I see thsi is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

It's difficult for forum members to reply to your post if you don't provide your vehicle details. :wink:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium manual 5 speed
5 Posts
I have an 09 forester, the clutch went bad and was chirping like yours. I had a garage replace the entire clutch and the chirp was still there so I took it back and they said they put a completely new clutch back into it. The chirp is still there, very annoying . I would love to know the answer to this as well.

·
Registered
2006 TBA Manual
1 Posts
I have the same chirp in my 2006 x. I have tried greasing the contact point. There is one thread where a guy used springs to keep the tension and eliminate the play. I was thinking a rubber end cap or some serious grease. I do know that the squeeking goes away completely when I reach in under the hood and just touch the fork.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium manual 5 speed
5 Posts
clutch chirp

To make the chirp go away, all I have to do is apply a small amount of pressure to clutch pedal and it stops. It seems like too much play in the travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts