Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My naturally aspirated '07 is going to need a clutch replacement before too long. The point of engagement is getting "high". 82k miles since I bought it new and I know I've been hard on it during towing duty...I've smoked it a good number of times :icon_frown: A low range transfer case would come in handy lol (remind me to import one someday).

I plan on replacing it myself. Will get the flywheel turned. Should I replace the slave cylinder? I would like to upgrade to a disk/pressure plate that's a step or two above the stock one as far as durability. Which one's on the market would you guys suggest? Is it as easy as getting one for a WRX or something? I'm not too familiar with them.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Forester Sports X
34 Posts
There's some inexpensive Exedy kits out there. Exedy seems to be a favourite among most forum members. I'm getting ready to do my 2000 L in the next week or so.

MY00 is never going to see the track so I'm going to replace it with a standard Exedy clutch kit. Not going Stage 1 since my L is just a daily driver. If you're hard on your clutch the stage 1 kit may be worth it. I know Exedy has a better flywheel you could do while you're at it.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I will be doing a timing belt soon (probably march) on my 2.5X but since my original clutch now has about 101,000 shall I do it all at the same time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts