Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 XT Manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

So my SG5 has been acting pretty funky with the clutch. 95% of the time, it engages at a fairly lengthy release leading me to have thought it is just worn.. sometimes, under no different circumstances, it will actually slip from a stop.

Recently however, at random.. it engages incredibly quickly.. like as soon as I let a bit of tension off the pedal. A few pumps of the pedal in neutral and it goes back to normal.

Any idea what might cause this? I'm just trying to anticipate the problem before I take it to my mechanic... primarily because I don't speak the local language.. so it will be a bunch of gestures.. pictures.. and sad eyes.. lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
05 XT 5mt
170 Posts
seems like an inconsistent engagement would point to the slave cylinder. Maybe not the clutch. Not 100% though

·
Registered
2002 XT Manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that is what I gathered from just searching google. I got some dot 3 and topped up the reserve.. it was a little below MAX. However it was well above MIN. That problem hasn't returned since.. but i'm sceptical to believe that was the issue.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
75 Posts
FYI if you replace the slave cylinder, don't forget to replace the hose too. I had no idea when I changed my first slave cylinder. Low and behold, the hose bursts on the way to my first interview out of college. 375 USD to replace a part I could have spent the weekend doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts