Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Awesome! If any of you '14+ owners happen to have your phone or camera near while installing the bracket, I would love to see a picture shot from above the bumper that shows the 3/16" buffer between the plate bracket and the bumper. I've been trying to find a local Foz owner to take some pictures, but so far no dice!

·
Registered
2016 XT-T
9 Posts
Awesome! If any of you '14+ owners happen to have your phone or camera near while installing the bracket, I would love to see a picture shot from above the bumper that shows the 3/16" buffer between the plate bracket and the bumper. I've been trying to find a local Foz owner to take some pictures, but so far no dice!
Here you go!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,193 Posts
So the short of it is, in order to use OEM anchoring hardware to attach one of our non-SH brackets to an SH, you will have to drill out the mounting holes in the bracket to accommodate the M6 screws. And of course you'd also have to source your own mounting hardware kit since we don't stock them for the SH anymore.
im back. sorry.

so if i have two of those welding nuts (the oem hardware you linked) and then drill out the holes in the bracket you sell, to fit the M6 bolts id need to thread into the subaru oem stuff....i could then mount your bracket to my SH bumper via the jdm holes...and not have to drill out the little dimple sections in my bumper?

and then attach one of the popular aftermarket "plate deletes" of course?

thanks!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts