Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,191 Posts
so the 98-08 and 14+ foresters have a different hole layout then 09-13?
trying to figure out how to get an aftermarket companies plate "delete" on the front of my 2011, without drilling the holes.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
do these work AT ALL on 09-13 forester? or no way.
Not without modification, unfortunately. The issue with the SH gen brackets was with the OEM anchoring hardware (SOA 902060019 Welding Nut) for the square holes in the front bumper. Subaru's metal welding nuts were great in that they snapped directly into the backside of the SH bumper holes and were threaded to accept M6 type screws. But for us that meant that the SH brackets had to be re-spec'd for the screws with a different countersink angle and mounting hole diameter than the rest of the batch (SF, SG, and SJ brackets all share the same specs and narrower mounting holes).

So the short of it is, in order to use OEM anchoring hardware to attach one of our non-SH brackets to an SH, you will have to drill out the mounting holes in the bracket to accommodate the M6 screws. And of course you'd also have to source your own mounting hardware kit since we don't stock them for the SH anymore.

·
Premium Member
2015 Forester XT Touring
1,423 Posts
Hurry up and order, guys! I need these for my cars!

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
TGIF bump... if you've got a 2017 on order, get your plate adpater in time for the new Foz to arrive. Save the bumpers! :smile:

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If we install this bracket, does it become secure enough to hold one of these?
I don't have any personal experience with the product so I can't answer the question with authority, but I think it would depend on what you intend to do with the bar. If it's only for looks/cosmetics, then bolting it to the plate bracket would certainly be sufficient to hold it in place. BUT, if you're thinking of adding lights, keep in mind that the plate bracket (and thus, the light bar) only attaches to the plastic bumper cover, which is flexible by nature - not the metal bumper beam behind it. In my personal experience lights should always be attached to a solid, supported metal surface like the bumper beam or radiator support beam, or you will likely get very annoying shake/vibration in the projected light beam.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Aaaand we now have 16 participants with a total of 20 brackets ordered - that means lift-off! I will keep the group buy open until midnight PDT tonight in case anyone else wants to jump in. Payment requests will be sent out tomorrow. Thanks, everyone!

:woohoo:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts