Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Clock I mean the one that is in the middle of the dash.

The problem i have is in the picture. I have had to remove the clock to make room for the LCD/Housing. Having no clock is driving me mad, for now i have wrapped a watch around the rv mirror.
I was wondering what you guys think i could do for a clock... i want a clock! the watch/mirror thing is ok for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O forgot to mention, I bought something like that from halfords, but Iv got nowhere to stick it! its too big. But that ebay jobby looks smaller enough.

What would be nice, is to have a clock stuck just above the rv mirror, and have it light up when the sidelights are turned on.

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Should have bought an SF :wink:

I wonder if you could retro fit one???

·
..now Maidstone
MY14 Audi SQ5 8AT
2,398 Posts
By Clock I mean the one that is in the middle of the dash.

The problem i have is in the picture. I have had to remove the clock to make room for the LCD/Housing. Having no clock is driving me mad, for now i have wrapped a watch around the rv mirror.
I was wondering what you guys think i could do for a clock... i want a clock! the watch/mirror thing is ok for now.
Nice carputer... what you got in there?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice carputer... what you got in there?
Thanks:biggrin: Well the screen is an ebay jobby, i cant remember exactly what it is. Its a Touchscreen, has VGA and has 2 AV channels (i have 2 cameras as well, front & back)
The PC itself is my old EEEPC 700. That is sat under the passenger seat.
Its not that powerful but its good enough. 500-600mhz Celeron, 512mb ram, 2Gb SSD, 8GB SD card. It runs IGO and my ECU Cable software. Got some music on it as well but i don't use that a lot.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
By chance does your radio have a time display feature? Not sure what system you've installed but a lot of the aftermarket radios I've seen will either display the station or the time depending on what you've chosen to display. Just a thought.....

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,489 Posts
The PC itself is my old EEEPC 700. That is sat under the passenger seat.
Its not that powerful but its good enough. 500-600mhz Celeron, 512mb ram, 2Gb SSD, 8GB SD card. It runs IGO and my ECU Cable software.
Utter gibberish this computer shpeek. Innit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Utter gibberish this computer shpeek. Innit.
lol well i'm a technician so :p
By chance does your radio have a time display feature? Not sure what system you've installed but a lot of the aftermarket radios I've seen will either display the station or the time depending on what you've chosen to display. Just a thought.....
Your right, it does, but only when its off/standby. I tend to have it on all the time so its not great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not reprogram your front end software to display the time ?
Windows xp has a clock in the corner anyway. but i don't always use the carputer. I can stick with the watch on the mirror for now, its convenient.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Do you have an open din slot below the radio in the lower double din opening? That upper dash pod usually comes with a single din housing that you can install the oem clock into. The clock can be removed from that plastic piece that gets replaced when installing the pod.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have an open din slot below the radio in the lower double din opening? That upper dash pod usually comes with a single din housing that you can install the oem clock into. The clock can be removed from that plastic piece that gets replaced when installing the pod.
:icon_biggrin:never thought of that! il see if i can find the plastic bit... not sure where i put it.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
:icon_biggrin:never thought of that! il see if i can find the plastic bit... not sure where i put it.
Heh I have the upper dash pod just with the clock installed right now. Got the pod but never ended up with enough extra cash for the whole screen setup! I really do wish they had made a way to include the clock without taking up a whole din slot though.

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
I don't really understand the kit you have, but if it is a computer would this help. I have it loaded on my laptop and desktop and it works well, even got an alarm.

Analogue Vista Clock

Max.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts