Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 4EAT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The backlighting on my clock hasn't worked since I bought my '03. Tried replacing the bulb to no avail. Found another clock cheap and has the same issue, so I'm assuming something in the wiring?

Not a major issue since my new head unit has a clock that I can see at night, but more of a minor annoyance and was wondering if there was a simple fix.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,050 Posts
The same lighting source illuminates pretty much everything in the dash. If other illumination is out, then it's possible the BIU - body integrated unit is blown? :confused:

The illumination is on the clock connector [1] & [5].

• [1] = controlled illumination ground from the BIU - body integrated unit.
• [5] = +12V - fuse #12, cabin fuse box.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Forester 4EAT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All other dash illumination works fine (after replacing several burned out bulbs). I'm guessing the clock backlighting only illuminates with the dash illumination (and not all the time)?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,050 Posts
All other dash illumination works fine (after replacing several burned out bulbs). I'm guessing the clock backlighting only illuminates with the dash illumination (and not all the time)?
That is correct. It only lights... illuminates when you have the lighting switch turned on. During the day, especially if you have the headlights on, the back lighting is very dim.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts