Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2018 Limited when I direct the air flow to just the instrument panel or just the feet, I get a what I consider a normal amount of air flow which of course varies with the fan speed. However, when I re-direct the airflow to both the instrument panel AND feet (bi-level), I get a huge reduction in air flow which leads me to believe that I may have a malfunctioning damper in the ductwork. I would estimate that on the bi-level mode the air flow reduction to the instrument panel vents is about 85%, instead of the usual 50% reduction that I have experienced in other vehicles including a 2010 Forester. Air flow to the foot vents also is also reduced by about 85%, so it's not like it's directing more than half of the bi-level air flow to the foot area.

If you have a 2014-2018 Forester, can you tell me about how much air flow reduction you experience when you direct the air flow to both the instrument panel AND foot outlets. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
41 Posts
I don't think there's any reduction in the total air flow, but I think the flow to the dash vents goes to less than half. But sometimes I get a burst of air to the dash vents which I can feel and hear.

Generally, if I don't like the amount of flow to the dash vents when the foot vents are on, I manually turn up the blower.

But honestly, the automatic setting seems to work pretty well, so if I change it, I don't feel as if I'm getting a lot of benefit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts