Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent an hour in the mud at my local FXT playground.

I thought I would share some advice...clean your rims. I had purchased a gardening nozzle for my hose. Its head can be bent to a 90 degree angle. This is perfect for rinsing the back side of the rims. Be gentle...the mud will wash away. I do this after every trip to the mud pit. If I do not...I may get the case of the shakes when I hit highway speed.

Cheers and go find some mud.:woohoo:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
When I rotate my tires, I take the opportunity to wax the rims - makes it much easier to hose off the mud (and brake dust, too).
Same here... makes cleaning them so much easier! Any wax will do, really... I use Zymol myself.

·
Registered
2008 OBXT
101 Posts
I don't do anything special, just wax them like I would the rest of the car.
I think last time I used some Nu-Finish I had sitting around.
It's just easier to do with the wheels off, so there's no rotors and calipers to get in the way.

·
Registered
Is a good movie
8 Posts
Those who wax their rims frequently:

Do yourself a favor, ditch the Nu-finish and grab my gem of a sealant--Collinite 845 or 476. Both are available from autogeek (and others) and are local to the US.

Its more or less the same price as Nu-finish, but 100% will last longer. Don't listen to the tv-commercials. Take it from someone who's been through ~10 waxes/sealants from recommendations on autopia.org (professional detailing forum), it IS the most durable thing available for under $20. And is, probably the top 5 in durability with no price-constraint.

I've been detailing since I was 16 (now 21), and I'm still on my first bottle of 845.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
481 Posts
Do yourself a favor, ditch the Nu-finish and grab my gem of a sealant--Collinite 845 or 476. Both are available from autogeek (and others) and are local to the US.
I can vouch for the effectiveness of Collinite 845, it's great Carnauba-based wax. I use it on both of my vehicles from roof to rims. And, it's easy to apply. No need to spend a lot of time with a buffing wheel to get a long lasting, deep protective shine.

Collinite 845 was originally developed to protect high-voltage electrical insulators so I'd imagine protecting a Sube at 0.0 VAC would be considered 'light duty'.:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts