1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester X SG EJ25
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Cloud

As purchased

Came across this 06 X SG from a local seller, the guys day job is fleet maintenance and he did a great job preserving this car that his wife drove. I don't think anyone had ever sat in the back seat until my kids climbed in. He had all the receipts for recently done head gaskets, water pump, timing belt and pulleys, new brakes, disks and calipers all done within the past year + it came with a barely used set of snows on Suby rims too! Not much for me to do mechanically to the car so I've set about personalizing it a bit since the windows were already tinted and has a moon roof deflector.

It's got a couple rust spots I'll fix soon, a cracked moon roof (that doesn't leak (yet)) and if it were a perfect world it would be a stick but I'll settle. I'm in N Michigan and winter is a real thing here so happy to have a Suby again. I had a nice manual 04 Forester that I only had for 4 months but got hit head on by a full size truck - I walked away from that wreck. The girlfriend has a 04 Forester X in white too so a happy driveway.

Things I've done already:
Replaced the stock radio with a cheapish wireless Apple Car Play double din unit
Replaced the stock speakers with some cheapish Sound Ordinance component speakers
Added steering wheel controls for head unit
Blackened out the grill and rebadged overlay
Added a hood bug deflector
Added well visors
Added the nice but cheap Harbor Freight roof rack
Replaced the shifter knob
Added in my weathertek floor mats
Did the "20 click" method to silence the seat belt alarm

Coming soon:
Bodywork
Plastidip the rocker panel molding or paint it with a bed liner material
Black rims if my search is lucky
Trailer hitch
Front skid plate (getting into fish spots)
maybe rear speakers

Some more pics of when I purchased:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Sky

Worst rust spot is on the drivers rear fender

Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light Sky

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Pretty clean interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got rid of the stock stereo and installed a IYING 7 Inch Car Radio Wireless CarPlay Universal Double Din off from Amazon for about $150. Totally worth it.
Got rid of the big phone mount that came on the dash of the car and put my little magnet one on next to the screen.

Some pics of the new head unit:

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Steering wheel Car Vehicle Satellite radio Plant Radio

Added a steering wheel control as well but only kept the volume/track/mute unit on the wheel and moved it to the left side. You can see my funky gear shift knob in the pic too.

Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Steering part

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some pics of the other bits of embellishments:

Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was heavily influenced by the build @Badmojo did on his Suby all the way down to the cool imperial cog on the front and back:

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Grille

1 - 4 of 4 Posts