Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru
11 Posts
I guess SF_E60 never found out. I have the same question and so do others on the forum. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru
11 Posts
I found out.

I now have the radio pictured above the MODEL: PF-3304B-A, Part No: 86201SC430 Clarion off ebay new $80 shipped. It is a factory subaru radio for the china market. When I turn it on the Subaru logo appears. I was able to install it into a 2010 Forester which never had nav or a backup camera. Locally I only had to get an adapter for the antena. The basic controls work on the radio. Controls do not work on the steering wheel. The AM stations when adjusted are off but I don't care. Maybe there is some hidden setting to change the location settings. FM works and sounds great.

Now that I know I have a working radio I need to install an aftermarket backup camera. The radio requires the factory subaru pigtail. All I really care about is the backup camera. Its a bit overwhelming to figure out what is needed for wiring the backup camera and if I really want to vampire tap a wire. I'm thinking about tapping into the reverse light. I'm not sure I'll be able to find reverse under the dash.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
661 Posts
If you haven't already check out this website AE64.com . That guy is the GO TO for Subaru audio system wiring stuff (including questions like yours) He was a member on here a while ago, but I'm not sure he visits very often anymore. IIRC there is a way to change the frequency settings on those radios (for USDM, not sure about China) try a google search for "impreza radio, hidden features" HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts