Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I'm a newbie who has searched the site for an answer but can't find none, so here goes: Just purchased a low-mileage 2002 Forester and would like to insert a USB phone charging adapter into the cigarette lighter receptacle, but the Owner's Manual specifically warns against using the receptacle for anything but a cigarette lighter. It would seem that a charger would draw less current that the lighter...Has anyone used their receptacle for this purpose?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,872 Posts
@cdbounce I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

There will be no problems plugging a USB charger into the cigarette lighter. :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,481 Posts
I think that sort of advice is written by the lawyers and generally pertains to stuff like kilowatt AC inverters. Indeed, a USB charger is quite benign in comparison to a lighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts