Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All at once, my heated seats (both sides), power mirrors (both sides) and 12v outlets (in the center console and by the ashtray) all do not work. The heated seat switch does not light up. The lighted ring around the 12v outlet in the ashtray lights up, but the plug does not. Nothing else does not work (windows, locks, radio, etc)

I do not have wiring diagram, so I pulled every fuse in the underhood fuse box. None of them are blown.

I've searched a bit on this site, and can't seem to find. Is there another fuse box on the inside? Are these three even on the same circuit with the same fuse?

Any insight would be great. Not having the heated seats and the 12v plug has grown old... and I've only been without them a few days!

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,887 Posts
Yes, there's another fuse block! It sounds like Fuse 4 in the fuse block behind the change tray at the lower left of the panel, down by your left foot. Third from right in the top row.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I figured there had to be an inside one. It was just a little more hidden than my Neon's and my Dakota's.

I found it behind the coin tray thingy on the left.

Replaced it thanks to the Subaru supplied fuse puller and extra fuse!

Sometimes it's the simple things that kill ya!!:woohoo:

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
12 Posts
this helped big time!

My wife saw a spark when she plugged in our gps cig lighter adapter, and it turns out the adapter itself just need to be screwed back together.

But, a few days later I noticed the power mirrors not working, but with no motor sound at all.

I automatically thought fuse, but after searching here I knew to check number 4 first, and that was it!

FYI - the spare fuses are located in the under-hood fuse box. There are only three and one of them happened to be '20' which the number 4 slot uses.

Thanks!

Ben
Forest Hills, NY

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,887 Posts
A word of caution to all who have AT Foresters and donut spares: Don't use up all your spare fuses, as you need to have one available to disable AWD when using the donut. Read the owners manual now to be sure you understand the situation before it happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts