Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reading one of the Chip advertisers on this site and they say the chip will add 3-6 miles per gallon?
ANYONE have that experience when you added a chip?????

I find it hard to believe, looking for the real story.:mob:
(maybe it has a miniature hybrid unit inside ;)

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,951 Posts
Was that from one of our supporting vendors, or from a banner ad?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,951 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
The only chips that will change mpg are potato chips. Eat too many, pack on the pounds and LOSE mpgs!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I'm running 2 of those chips in parallel for 6-12 MPG improvement. They are installed in both of my muffler tips and work great.

Yeah, no, sorry. Our gas mileage sucks and there's not much that can be done about that.

Stan

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
This is all crap... type SLR Motorsports in to google... you'll immediately see most common searches for it... saying theyre fake... which they are... these are the exact same ones u see people on ebay trying to sell, advertising "50+ mpg, 50+ hp".... And all u get from them is a stupid 50 cent resistor. Plus, if Subaru or any other dealer could give u +50mpg for real cheap, wouldn't every car maker out there have cars shelling out 70mpg? Not even the typical hybrids can do that.

·
Administrator
3,188 Posts
Aah, the joys of running Google ads. They are a necessary evil and I actually do try to filter out the BS ones when I catch them. Keep in mind they are NOT Endorsed by us and realistically we would much rather that members support our vendors over others, including the Google advertisers. Thanks for asking and as I said, I do try to keep the BS ads out of here.

Nadeem

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,380 Posts
Turn signal blinker fluid improved my mpg

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Used wrong measurements... not 3-6 mpg increase.... 3-6 lb increase. blame it on the cho, cho, cho cho, cho chocolate chips.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,951 Posts
I installed all the gas saving devices in the J. C. Whitney catalog, and now I'm thinking of opening up my own gas station there's so much extra gas pouring out of my tank! I've gotta do something about it before I set the whole place on fire!

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,936 Posts
Ha ha ha.......good one, Bruce! Hey, I have a warehouse full of Turbinator Vortexes that I'd like to sell since they're SO effective........effective at performing a painful cashectomy on anyone foolish enough to buy one.

Just wait to see how many "fuel-savings" gadgets come out this summer when the gas prices spike again.......that's if the economy ever rebounds enough to cause gas to be in shorter supply again......

Steve

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,951 Posts
Ha ha ha.......good one, Bruce! Hey, I have a warehouse full of Turbinator Vortexes that I'd like to sell since they're SO effective........effective at performing a painful cashectomy on anyone foolish enough to buy one.
Sorry, Steve, but you'll have to sign up as a supporting vendor to offer those Turbinator Vortexes here. Fees are quite reasonable. Just send me your credit card number , including the expiration date and the three-digit code on the back, and I'll take care of it all for you!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bbottomly, hey, I think I should get at least 60% of that..I started the thread

:banana:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts