Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BMW X1, Impreza Spt 5MT
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I joined here in June 2007 and had been thinking about getting a Forester for a while. In January 2008, we rented a 2008 Forester Sports for a road trip. After having the rental for several weeks, I liked it enough to finally search for my own.

Here is the rental.

On February 21, 2008 I picked up my Java Black 2004 Forester XT.

March 02, 2008
First mod was tint and my wife tinted the tails.

March 29, 2008
We had a Kenwood aftermarket radio, so I put that in.

April 06, 2008
I added an amp and sub after that.

May 03, 2008
The original Kenwood stopped working so I replaced it. This one fits better.

May 28, 2008
We had a 2008 WRX and since it had aftermarket wheels, I put the stock 2008 WRX wheels on the FXT.

June 29, 2008
The chrome had to go.

August 16, 2008
For my birthday, my wife got me an Instrument Cluster upgrade

September 07, 2008
Since the paint on the 08 WRX sucked so bad, we bought a polisher to correct it. The FXT got a 3-step polish, and looked a lot better than the 08 WRX.

September 27, 2008
Polished and de-badged.

October 10, 2008
We sold the WRX, so the STI BBS wheels went on the FXT for a while.

November 16, 2008
I got a good deal on a STI catback. Don't mind the mud, it was fun. :biggrin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Winter 2008, not much happened. I have been thinking about getting a WRX Wagon Suspension for a while.

February 08, 2009
WRX Wagon Suspension.

February 28, 2009
We had a meet at the end of February, so I was able to take a comparison shot between Swift Springs and WRX Wagon Springs/Struts.

March 15, 2009
We had a drive in March, it was starting to warm up.

April 18, 2009
The FXT had its second 3 step polish.

August 08, 2009
I have been wanting a stealth solution for my sub for a while, but I wanted to fit my 10" JL Audio Sub back there. My wife got the kit for my birthday this year.

I need to find a better place for the Sirius Tuner. I forgot how big the hatch was.

That is all for now. More to come later. I want to get some swaybars, and wheels/tires...those are next.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks awesome with black bbs wheels and blacked out grill....
I really need new wheels, that would help complete the look. I was thinking gunmetal, bronze, or gold. Right now it just has the slightly different than stock appearance...:icon_confused:

·
Registered
2004 SRT4
113 Posts
p.s. on Wheels id look at dark bronze or gunmetal. I think either would set that car off well.

If you cant afford wheels for awhile, have you considered painting the stockers? Its easy to do and would look alot better IMO. I think dark bronze is the better color for your car but i think the stockers design would look best as black/gunmetal

·
Premium Member
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
630 Posts
p.s. on Wheels id look at dark bronze or gunmetal. I think either would set that car off well.

If you cant afford wheels for awhile, have you considered painting the stockers? Its easy to do and would look alot better IMO. I think dark bronze is the better color for your car but i think the stockers design would look best as black/gunmetal
I agree, I'm painting my stockers gunmetal soon enough, hopefully in 2 weeks im thinking, you should take the same path chiguy

·
Registered
2004 XT
827 Posts
nice set up man and lookin good. hows the wrx wagon suspension??? i really like how it drops the forester. did you use the stock springs or aftermarket? hows the ride compared to stock? i was debating wagon suspension or swifts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I have been thinking of painting, but not sure what color yet, probably would be bronze or gunmetal. Black would be strange, unless I can somehow match the Java Black. I have helped with painting wheels before, and it is quite a bit of work to do it right. When I get wheels/tires, I would probably get a larger wheel and wider tire. Something around a 245 width would be nice.

The WRX Wagon suspension rides rather nicely. Of course I have only had the stock size tires with the suspension, and I'm sure they help with absorbing the bumps. The springs and struts are the stock ones that come on the WRX Wagon. I think the Swift springs would be stiffer when pushed. When I was pricing both out, it came out to be nearly the same for just the Swift springs as compared to the WRX Wagon springs/struts. I think the Swifts give around 1.5 - 2 inch drop, and the WRX Wagon suspension gives around a 2.5 inch drop.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One day, I may paint my stockers, perhaps a gunmetal color. Then we can have a photoshoot

I still have a foglight bulb out, but I may just replace the bulbs with a yellow instead of clear one. I was thinking about yellow film on the foglights, but I may be strange, and I think I like the clear foglights...

·
Premium Member
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
630 Posts
One day, I may paint my stockers, perhaps a gunmetal color. Then we can have a photoshoot

I still have a foglight bulb out, but I may just replace the bulbs with a yellow instead of clear one. I was thinking about yellow film on the foglights, but I may be strange, and I think I like the clear foglights...
if you check my journal out you can get an idea of howd they look, although my car is silver, but i do love the look!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts