Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester a
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking forward to owning a 2010 forester xt later this week. im coming from a mazda 3 but with my daughter, i needed something bigger. im hoping to finally get to do some modding now that she's a bit older. ive done exhaustive research on whats out there and I like what I see.

chicago,il

swp 2010 forester xt limited.
first mods by year end.

window tint. all around. (moonroof maybe)
tires.
new in dash unit (w video)
remote start(if possible)
new horn(maybe)
sport grille.
rear swaybar.
wheels (haven't looked into any just yet)
grille guard (front with lighting)
rear guard
roof cargo rack
tow hitch bike rack

......and a wutang decal so you know it's me. ;-)

any recommendations or feedback on the setup or advice on what to tackle first, second and so on would be much appreciated. this is my daily driver in the chicago area so im going to keep that in mind at all times. im new to modding and could really use some help as to reputable and reasonable shops in the area. im pretty sure i know what im going for ascetically but its when i begin to do some more modding that im worried about. never done an oil change in my life but i cant wait to be a proud owner of a subaru and get going.

stock pics later this week. (i hope)

·
Registered
2011 2.5 X Premium 4EAT
84 Posts
Welcome Aboard and congrats on your Forester! Modding and making your Subie unique is always fun! :)

·
Registered
2011 Forester AT
42 Posts
Welcome from Naperville! Any reason you settled on a 2010 specifically? I was looking at the same body style as well about 18 months ago and decided on an '11 because of the engine change (timing belt changed to a chain). Can't wait to see how your FXT progresses - update often!

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
Welcome neighbor! What part of the city are you in? I'm NW side and SWP SH too. Here's my suggestions for mods given our driving/road conditions.

window tint. (moonroof- do it) -Lincoln square car wash/tint. Ceasar did both of mine. A+
tires. - anything is better than oe's. I'll be buying new tires this year
new in dash unit (w video) - not much of a techie and my wife said leave her stereo alone.
remote start(if possible) MK AUTO or ABC electronics
new horn(maybe) I'm leaning toward Bosch or piaa bass horns
sport grille. -I painted mine black and like it but wouldn't mine a meshie
rear swaybar. I picked up a RSB w/end links and bushings for $20. Watch nasioc often.
wheels (haven't looked into any just yet) -18's look good but w/these streets, I'll stay on 17

·
Registered
2010 forester a
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Naperville! Any reason you settled on a 2010 specifically? I was looking at the same body style as well about 18 months ago and decided on an '11 because of the engine change (timing belt changed to a chain). Can't wait to see how your FXT progresses - update often!
I had no idea there was that difference between both years. I've been on here less than a day and already learning something.

Ultimately it was narrowed down from a mazda cx-5, acura rdx and bmx x3. Looking at subarus it came down to used (10 or older) or wait for new.

·
Registered
05 Sti
14 Posts
Welcome! If your just picking it up, do you mind letting me know where you are getting your Forester?

·
Registered
2010 forester a
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome neighbor! What part of the city are you in? I'm NW side and SWP SH too. Here's my suggestions for mods given our driving/road conditions.

window tint. (moonroof- do it) -Lincoln square car wash/tint. Ceasar did both of mine. A+
tires. - anything is better than oe's. I'll be buying new tires this year
new in dash unit (w video) - not much of a techie and my wife said leave her stereo alone.
remote start(if possible) MK AUTO or ABC electronics
new horn(maybe) I'm leaning toward Bosch or piaa bass horns
sport grille. -I painted mine black and like it but wouldn't mine a meshie
rear swaybar. I picked up a RSB w/end links and bushings for $20. Watch nasioc often.
wheels (haven't looked into any just yet) -18's look good but w/these streets, I'll stay on 17
I'm NW Chicago, in Humboldt Park/Logan Square Area.

Thanks for the recommendations. I really appreciate the feedback from someone local too. From everyone of course. I mentioned a Forester to my siblings and they said, "you're going to drive that?" I can't wait to show them what I have in mind and make them think twice about a Fozzy. Thank you all now ahead of time because once it's in my driveway I'll always be asking for help. :Banane35:

·
Registered
2010 forester a
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! If your just picking it up, do you mind letting me know where you are getting your Forester?
Picking it up as we speak. I got it from James at Napleton Subaru in Schaumburg. Nice kid.

I'm driving the extra-long scenic route home tonight into downtown Chicago :)

I'm not entirely convinced it was a great experience but it's a good deal to find a 2010 xt under 35000 miles for under 25000.

·
Registered
2011 Forester AT
42 Posts
Congrats! I bought mine at Napleton too - not the best buying experience but not many options either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts