Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Scooby Poddle
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Gerald dealer in Chicago offers a Lifetime Limited Power-Train Warranty with new cars. Anyone had any experience with this dealer? Grand is always going to come in lower - but this warranty deal *seems* pretty good.

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT LTD 6 spd
967 Posts
Realistically speaking, if you perform all of the maintenance to keep that warranty in effect you should never need it. If you aren't getting a better deal than anywhere else, then why not. I wouldn't let that warranty be the deciding factor.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
930 Posts
Realistically speaking, if you perform all of the maintenance to keep that warranty in effect you should never need it. If you aren't getting a better deal than anywhere else, then why not. I wouldn't let that warranty be the deciding factor.
X2.................................................................

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Lim CVT
282 Posts
There are many dealers around here that have the same thing (with many different brands of cars). As was said before, look at the fine print, normally, you have to do an accelerated maint schedule (fluid changes at like half what the manufacturer suggests, other items more often as well) and all of the maint has to be performed at their dealer. The amount of extra money they get from you helps in the low chance that somebody will actually keep the car long enough and keep up with the maint to make them pay out.

Usually these are not worth the paper they are written on.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6MT
25 Posts
For their warranty you only need to show receipts that the manufacturer recommended mx schedule was followed. That said, claims are not free, it's a $100 deductible. That deductible has covered engine replacements at that dealership.

They offer the same warranty on their used cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts