Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

8581 - 8600 of 8603 Posts

·
Registered
4EAT [email protected]$&*VF39 I.P.T. 4.44 SLUSHBOX
783 Posts
hey everyone, former southsider here... born and raised south holland, moved to upstate NY 3 yrs ago.. used to roll in a white dodge dakota, supercharged, and on black 20s... picked up an03 foz out here this past week that needs a trans... anyone got a 4eat for an 03 they could let go cheap? my parents are still out there...
Someone else maybe able to tell you, but i think i'm stuck in a "one of" 4eat year . i couldn't find any other year trans to work with the electronics for the 04 year. Good hunting tho.

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
well, i am hoping that the 03 is compatible electronically with an 01... got a line on one localish out here in NY (its about 2 hrs south in PA) for 150... i know i will need to swap to the 01 axles due to mal/female stub axle into the trans differences... but hey, a car with 146k and virtually no service history from subaru other than its had the front control arm recall done, i can drop for a new set of axles....i know both the 01 and 03 are phase 2 version 1 trans... and both 4.44 ratio diff...

·
Registered
4EAT [email protected]$&*VF39 I.P.T. 4.44 SLUSHBOX
783 Posts
I'm selling my FXT 5 speed, if you know anyone interested in purchasing let me know, or I will be parting it out in the Spring of 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@jinya1004. It's the spring of 2017. Any word on that part out? You still wanta do that.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT FXT 5spd Manual
22 Posts
Hey all, I'm working down in Monee for the next 6-7 weeks and drove my FXT out here from Arizona. Just seeing if there's any events going on in the next few weeks or any weekly meet ups I should go to since I don't really know anyone out here.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT MT
58 Posts
Need to do head gaskets on my 2005 XT. Anyone have a hoist I could borrow for either a couple weeks or once to pull and once to install? I'm located in Arlington Heights.

·
Registered
2003 XS Premium 4EAT
90 Posts
Hi everybody:

First time posting in this part of the forum. I bought an '03 XS several years ago and when I had a head gasket problem a year or so later and posted in another area of the forum, a member called 'subaru_tech' offered to do the repair in his spare time (I think he was a dealership mech), but I missed his message until I'd already gotten the work done. I just looked for him but he hasn't posted since 2011.

So I'm interested in finding an experienced mechanic, probably someone who does work 'on his own time' for some of the stuff my car will need in the future. I just had four new struts installed by a neighborhood shop. It was an expensive job, including paying list price for the KYB shocks, but it was right in line with 'myrepairpal' estimates, so I can't really say it was 'overcharged.'

I'm in the city but would go to the burbs for any work that doesn't involve leaving the car overnight. BTW car is stock, not really interesting in modding or performance, it's a workhorse, not a show pony.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
2015 2.0XT Premium
21 Posts
Hi, all.

Does anyone know of a Chicagoland or Western burb's mechanic or shop that would install an Android Head Unit in my 2017 Subaru Forester?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,688 Posts
SH Ride

I'm considering buying a 2013 Forester XT that's out-a state. I need to know first if i'd be happy with the XT in automatic form and what not. So wondering if there's anyone in nw burbs with a modded SH hopefully stage 2 at least that would show me theirs and let my take it for a drive??

I went to carmax but they only had a base to drive.
Let me know if you can help me out, i'm in the Palatine area but willing to drive out to meet up.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT '05 6mt r180 Carbonetics 1.5w lsd
1,098 Posts
I've been gone for a while because I had to register a new password, but I'm back. My old frogmobile that has been down since 2012 will be resurrected this year (fingers crossed). I will be posting updates. Stand by...

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Biggest news I'll post here is if/when my Forester finally makes it out of the shop. That thing has been caught in a time warp since 2012. Fingers crossed for this year.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
64 Posts
Biggest news I'll post here is if/when my Forester finally makes it out of the shop. That thing has been caught in a time warp since 2012. Fingers crossed for this year.
well that news is at least better than none at all,what was the main problem,i had issues myself some years back.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
well that news is at least better than none at all,what was the main problem,i had issues myself some years back.
It's a long story, but it has to do with problems I had with a shop doing a complete motor build with fuel system, sensors/gauges, custom headers/exhaust that did not quite materialize. The car has been transferred to another shop, but progress there has been slow as well because of $$, time and other priorities.

8581 - 8600 of 8603 Posts