Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

8561 - 8580 of 8603 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forrester
39 Posts
Bolingbrook member here looking for a trusted Subaru mechanic in Bolingbrook/ Naperville area.
Got 2010 Forester w/ 140K and looking for some fixers: heats held noise, leaky oil somewhere, needs new brake pads and and belt may need replacement.

·
Registered
4EAT [email protected]$&*VF39 I.P.T. 4.44 SLUSHBOX
783 Posts
Long time no posts! i just want to chime in since my last suspension post when i blew up my second so-called bullet proof stock 4eat Trans last Sept2015 That one caused me to miss 2 more Subaru shoot outs, making it 3 straight that i couldn't run in. i think i have a solution to it all though. it took me a while but i saved up my money for an IPT performance transmission. Should have done this after the first blown trans, it would have saved me $2500. i sent it to: IPT Performance Transmissions | Performance Parts | Torque Converters Oct 19 2016 i will post when i get it back. i miss my 4eat toaster.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Man it feels good to be back in my fxt after a year of it being up on jack stands in the garage!!! I smoked the turbo feb of last year then lost my job in March? New turbo and back in my baby!!!
i know the feeling. i've been Jeeping it for over a year now.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Anyone in the NW burbs with Swifts or WRX suspension, available to let me ride in your Forester?

I'm stuck between Swifts+GR2s and STI+WRX Struts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jinya, Mine will be available in mid December for a spin after the transmission is finally installed at 6 star. (its been over a year now) i will post here.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual
71 Posts
I'm selling my FXT 5 speed, if you know anyone interested in purchasing let me know, or I will be parting it out in the Spring of 2017

·
Registered
783 Posts
Trans is swapped and @ 200miles. It pulls strong. Haven't tried out the torque converter yet. But it seems like the wheels want to spin if there is any hard throttle. It may need a tune now. Definately more transmission torque power than HP.
I lowered the suspension, now the tires are rubbing on turns. Wantta buy some 18inch Enkies?

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
127 Posts
Trans is swapped and @ 200miles. It pulls strong. Haven't tried out the torque converter yet. But it seems like the wheels want to spin if there is any hard throttle. It may need a tune now. Definately more transmission torque power than HP.
I lowered the suspension, now the tires are rubbing on turns. Wantta buy some 18inch Enkies?
ehhhhh got some pics on it and how much?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual
71 Posts
While waiting for 4EATME, I hear a distinctive rumble in the parking lot. My wife sees another black Forester drive by and comments "it's just like yours except nicer"

After driving your car, I have realized I should have went 4EAT.

Very nice and very clean

·
Registered
783 Posts
While waiting for 4EATME, I hear a distinctive rumble in the parking lot. My wife sees another black Forester drive by and comments "it's just like yours except nicer"

After driving your car, I have realized I should have went 4EAT.

Very nice and very clean

^Thanks^. Show pics of the 16inch wheels you got.

I finally got the 18 inch wheels off and pictures. They're Enkei RS+M Racing prototype. 7.5x18 -48mm offset.
No curb rash!
The tires are All season Goodyear Eagle LS2 225 50 18. Used 6months in winter seasons, normal wear nothing strange. Good tread
sold together picked up $675. split up $550 wheels and $250 tires. Pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
part it

I'm selling my FXT 5 speed, if you know anyone interested in purchasing let me know, or I will be parting it out in the Spring of 2017

You parting out yet? give me a call first plz. we'll work something out. Exhst,odds ends.Thanks.

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
hey everyone, former southsider here... born and raised south holland, moved to upstate NY 3 yrs ago.. used to roll in a white dodge dakota, supercharged, and on black 20s... picked up an03 foz out here this past week that needs a trans... anyone got a 4eat for an 03 they could let go cheap? my parents are still out there...

8561 - 8580 of 8603 Posts