Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we know, the Raptor has been out for awhile. I just stumbled on this news article: Yahoo!. It's good someone is trying to compete with the Raptor. But it's looks are like a shoddy aftermarket custom creation, whereas the Raptor looks like it was designed to be that way in the first place. All in all, can't wait to see some comparo vids.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Saw the story about this last week.

What a joke... did you see the nose on that "Reaper", it looks hideous.

Raptors have a proven track record of being very good trucks, and they look the part too. I would not be caught driving that Reaper if someone paid me to.

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT LTD 6 spd
967 Posts
Shoddy aftermarket job...LOL yeah that is what Lingenfelter has built its reputation on. Not to mention the Chevy trucks have their own proven track record, as well as the LS series engine. Wait until they go head to head then pass judgement, I would take the Lingenfelter built powertrain over any Ford powertrain.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said it looks cheap, not that it necessarily is or will be. And yes, comparison tests will be the tell all. Also, we have yet to see it in person, on the roads.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Looks stupid.
They should've gone the extra mile and produced new 1-piece fenders and bed sides instead of tacking on some flares.
They already plan on doing a hood and grille, so why not address the fenders while they're at it?

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Looks stupid.
They already plan on doing a hood and grille, so why not address the fenders while they're at it?
They should do the fenders INSTEAD of the hood and grille. That is what makes this truck look soooooo bad.

Built by Lingenfelter, such a high quality job should look better. It might have great internals, but I still would not drive such a stupid looking vehicle. Not to mention the cost... the Raptor being built on the production line is going to be a lot cheaper than the Lingenfelter job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts