Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just picked up my first Subaru - 2003 Forester. Couldn't be happier! I can't think of another vehicle I'd rather own for the combination of city driving, shuttling 2 kids, snowy winters, occasional towing of a 14-1/2' runabout, etc.

Life is good! :icon_biggrin:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,203 Posts
Welcome! Toronto is the home of the folks who own this and many other forums. Nice city. I spent a week's vacation in Greektown last summer.

What's the mileage (kilometerage?) your 2003? Timing belt replacement is scheduled for 105k miles (168981.12 km), and it's a very important thing to have done.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,234 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulation on your new '03 Forester. Post up a picture so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bbottomley,
Thanks!! You're neck of the woods is quite nice as well, I recall it once driving from Boston back home...very scenic.

Regarding the timing belt - thanks for the info. My foz has 77,000 kms on it (sweet!!). I should be good for awhile.

Quick trailer hitch question - I have a "draw tite" trailer hitch on the car. I know there are bike carriers available, but how easy would they be for my 99 lb wife to load/unload her bike with? We both ride our bikes to work, but in the summers, we drive our kids to their day camp, and then ride our bikes from there to/from work. For our last car ('99 suzuki esteem) we simply threw the bike in the back. I'm reluctant to do it with the foz (leather seats and all), but I'm hoping for a fairly quick and easy way to maintain this commute come summer time...

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,203 Posts
There were quite a few posts about bike racks a while ago. Click here.

Loading a bike onto a hitch-mounted rack is no problem at all. The thing I liked about my Allen rack (other than its reasonable price) was its ability to fold down the arm so as not to stab the passers by or crunch against a wall when backing up.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,742 Posts
mpiotro, welcome from Regina. You gotta love the Subaru AWD, especially in the snow. Pick up a set of winter rubber and these cars are unbelievable:Banane29:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts