Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester manual
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all, yet another question.

I changed my spark plugs on Friday, went fine, started right up and sounded good. Saturday had an oil changed and new front pads and rotors. Drove home and the rest of the day no problem, seemed fine. This morning both the check engine light (steady) and the cruise light (blinking):icon_frown:. What is up with this and how do I get it fixed? I leave for a trip on Friday.
Thanks for the help.
2005 Forester with 40,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Juno,

This combination seems to be the almost "universal" indication that "something might be wrong". I believe the blinking cruise indicator means that your car's cruise control feature has been disabled.

This particular issue comes up often on the forum. Take a look at some of the discussions resulting from this search string: Subaru Forester Owners Forum - Search Results

Since you were recently working on the car's electrical system, you might try disconnecting the battery's common cable, letting everything sit for while, then reconnect the cable and see what happens.

Alternately, you could take your car to some place like Advance Auto or Auto Zone and have them check for any CEL codes. I believe this is usually a free service.

Best of luck!
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Goto any chain auto store and get the codes read and post what they are. Cruise blinking and CEL just means that an error code has been stored, you need to know which error code it is to fix it.

·
Registered
2005 Forester manual
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. the battery is disconnected ( dummby me I forgot aout doing that) and I will head to the autozone soon. I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
2005 Forester manual
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery trick did it. Don't know why I forgot about that, must be the house buying, school and work. Anyway, thanks for the feedback Crewzer and Funkymonkey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts