Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a problem with my year-old xt. The check engine light will come on solid, the cruise light will flash and disable, and after a while driving the AT Temp light flashes at me. I've been told numerous things...shorts, connectors, etc...and it's caused my baby to be in the shop for over 50 days. I just got word that my car is going to be bought back by Subaru. Thank goodness for the lemon law. Has anyone else had this problem?? Any solutions? I wanted to give people a heads-up in case they're having the same issue.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,698 Posts
I'd have checked the green diagnostics connector first. That sounds like what it is.

·
Registered
2004 XT
432 Posts
same issue

I am having this same basic issue. mine is due to the Cobb Access port i think. I just uninstalled it yesterday and no lights or issues, then today, i am on my way to work and sure enough CEL and flashing cruise light. i thought for sure that i forgot the green test connectors but unfortunately they were not connected when i checked.

any ideas out there?

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Probably an incorrect gear ratio code in the TCM.

It will trigger the AT light to come on as well as the CEL.

The Cruise control is a result of the CEL (always flashes and disables the CC when the CEL is on)

The few times that I have had a vehicle in for this it was always a poor connection somewhere, on one car it was a bad TCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts