Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
Either Swifts (my call) or Whiteline Control springs (just on the off chance that you can find them cheap).

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
just answered this question in the tire forum. the swifts are great, *hint* im about to make a forsale thread, and will be selling mine :icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
765 Posts
Borrow your neighbors sawzall. Then just cut out one inch off the bottom of each spring. I do it by eye...while springs are still on the car. Spring compressors are for sissies. Then sell the sawzall on ebay.

Or get some used Swifts.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Registered
2010 Forester
77 Posts
Borrow your neighbors sawzall. Then just cut out one inch off the bottom of each spring. I do it by eye...while springs are still on the car. Spring compressors are for sissies. Then sell the sawzall on ebay.

Or get some used Swifts.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
Technically speaking, why couldn't you do this?

A buddy mentioned this to me and advised that as long as they're not a progressive rate spring, this would be fine and maintain the spring rate.

Ive never actually done this, but curious for someone to explain why you shouldn't.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Most springs have a flat wind at the bottom to seat properly and also a taper shape to them, so you can't necessarily get away with it.

As for my [email protected]$$ answer, either the supersized bucket of chicken at KFC and gain 100 lbs, or buy 2 bags of sand and distribute in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
77 Posts
Most springs have a flat wind at the bottom to seat properly and also a taper shape to them, so you can't necessarily get away with it.

As for my [email protected]$$ answer, either the supersized bucket of chicken at KFC and gain 100 lbs, or buy 2 bags of sand and distribute in the vehicle.
Good point, but are the stock Forester springs tapered? 2010?

And FWIW, I prefer Popeyes chicken and/or large bags or rice my lil asian mini me likes to carry around all the time.
(but no..I am not asian myself) for the record ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts