Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my friend has the black subaru 4 pots (from subiegal) and the H6 upgrade (from me but from ROO) for his '03 WRX. He asked me where the cheapest place would be to get EBC green or Hawk street pads? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Will

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I don't think they are awfully overpriced at tirerack. The thing is, they have the stock and the ability to ship quickly. It's worth a few dollars to me to get reliability. Something to consider. Time is money.

sirwilliam said:
No, please move it.

I said cheapest place:wink:...I know where to get the pads, just wondering the cheapest.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,976 Posts
Green Stuff for my 2003 runs about $75F, $66R at both www.ajusa.com and www.car-stuff.com . Free shipping at both places.

Promo code CHILLY should save you $10 on a $100-200 purchase at aj-usa through March 10th.

I've bought from both places with no problems.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bbottomley said:
Green Stuff for my 2003 runs about $75F, $66R at both www.ajusa.com and www.car-stuff.com . Free shipping at both places.

Promo code CHILLY should save you $10 on a $100-200 purchase at aj-usa through March 10th.

thanks...friend just sent me this:

"Just ordered the pads (EBC GREEN 4pot fronts and H6 rears) from ajusa.com this afternoon: $135.80 shipped."

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
bbottomley said:

That's a good deal! Good find and will be useful when I reorder another set of Greens.

·
Registered
859 Posts
sirwilliam said:
thanks...friend just sent me this:

"Just ordered the pads (EBC GREEN 4pot fronts and H6 rears) from ajusa.com this afternoon: $135.80 shipped."
OK so I'm a bit confused on what rear pads to use for the H6 upgrade.

Scoobymods lists:

26696FC002 - WRX rear brake pad kit

Roo lists:

26696AE020 - 1 OEM pad kit

What do I ask for? Year and model for an aftermarket pad.

Frank

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fmowry said:
OK so I'm a bit confused on what rear pads to use for the H6 upgrade.

Scoobymods lists:

26696FC002 - WRX rear brake pad kit

Roo lists:

26696AE020 - 1 OEM pad kit

What do I ask for? Year and model for an aftermarket pad.

Frank
You can check the part numbers here:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

The 26696AE020 is the correct # for H6(MY2000+ legacy/outback) rear pads.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
The pads I used were for the WRX which I'm assuming is the same as the Legacy rear pads but a different number. My install specifically states:
1 - 26696FC002 - WRX rear brake pad kit
I thought all rear pads were similar until I tried to put my OEM Forester Pads in the bracket and found out differently. It seems there was a general change in the tab shape after 2002 across the line I think.

Peaty

Just as an aside, people keep referring to the rear rotor upgrade as the H6 upgrade. Not sure where this started but all Legacys both the H4 and H6 have the same size rear rotors for 00+. The rotors are not different between the different motors. It's just a Legacy rear rotor upgrade

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peaty said:
The pads I used were for the WRX which I'm assuming is the same as the Legacy rear pads but a different number. My install specifically states:

I thought all rear pads were similar until I tried to put my OEM Forester Pads in the bracket and found out differently.

Peaty

Just as an aside, people keep referring to the rear rotor upgrade as the H6 upgrade. Not sure where this started but all Legacys both the H4 and H6 have the same size rear rotors for 00+. The rotors are not different between the different motors. It's just a Legacy rear rotor upgrade
We just stick w/ the H6 so people know what we are talking about...but as always, thanks for the clarification Peaty:wink:

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
H6 is in the Tribeca too now. I wish we could use those rear rotors they are huge (12.6:") larger than the front rotors, but alas the bolt pattern is not the same.

I know some of us that have been around know but we keep getting new people all the time which is something we have to consider.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peaty said:
H6 is in the Tribeca too now. I wish we could use those rear rotors they are huge (12.6:") larger than the front rotors, but alas the bolt pattern is not the same.

I know some of us that have been around know but we keep getting new people all the time which is something we have to consider.
Okay just send me a PM me or reply to these threads w/ the correct info/year/names and I will update accordingly:

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Everything is fine just remove the "H6" is all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts