Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Limited CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my '05 for a '14 and discovered that multi-CD players are no longer available. So, it's time to buy a music player to avoid changing CD's constantly. :icon_rolleyes:

Can the cheaper iPod Shuffle be used to play digital music through the Forester's sound system? If so, how? Or do I need the more expensive Bluetooth capable iPod Nano? Any other affordable choices? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2014 XT Premium CVT
191 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Shuffle; does it have an auxiliary jack or USB that you can plug directly into the car? If that doesn't work, probably the cheapest option would be to get a USB flash drive and load all your music onto it. You can organize by folders for ease of search, keeping in mind that you can only have 255 song files within each folder.

·
Registered
2014 Limited CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not familiar with the Shuffle; does it have an auxiliary jack or USB that you can plug directly into the car? If that doesn't work, probably the cheapest option would be to get a USB flash drive and load all your music onto it. You can organize by folders for ease of search, keeping in mind that you can only have 255 song files within each folder.
Great! I have a 4gb flash drive. How do you access the music from the Forester's audio controls? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts