Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OBX catback $275 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQitemZ8035227403QQrdZ1

OBX EL headers and catless pipe for the same price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQitemZ8035227786QQrdZ1

Just posting this up in case someone is looking for a decent quality exhaust for a good price. The catback may need to have the tip extended slightly (to not burn your bumper), but looks nice with the resonated midpipe and everything . Personally I'm not a big fan of the sound of EL headers nor the idea of running catless, but bang for your buck wise, a $550-600 dollar full exhaust ain't too bad at all. I believe OBX makes CAI's as well.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Yeah, i've been looking at these auctions beginning of this week, bolt on for an sf?

D

·
0 Posts
How good is that exhaust and why would we have to extend the tip of the exhaust, shouldn't it fit without any mods???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well it is possible to get more bumper clearance without extending the tip.

Not sure about this system...but I added a Brospeed/Bosal off a 2.5 RS a number of years ago and solved the clearance/burn issue by using some 3" donuts vs the stock 2" ones. I now have amassed 87K on the machine and NO burn problems.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
I don't think those ELH will work with an auto tho

mebbe I'm wrong

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dlroto said:
How good is that exhaust and why would we have to extend the tip of the exhaust, shouldn't it fit without any mods???
A lot of RS specific exhausts tend to be a bit shorter underneath the forester than they do on the RS. Basically it MAY sit a bit too far under your bumper and COULD cause some slight burning of bumper and foul (cosmeticly) bumper burning rash. It should bolt on fine, just extending the tip ($cheap at local muffler shop) or some lower hangers should take care of the problem. As far as quality is concerned, I've read quite a few good reviews on rs25.com about OBX products. Nice cheaper replicas of a lot of products out there.

My exhaust situation is taken care of (Stromung muffler now, midpipe in box, HFCat on the way :D), just wanted to let other enthusiasts know about some less costly alternatives.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hmm, i am thinking about trying this exhaust out, cant afford to spend much more for an exhaust, I will let you all know if I do it.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
what I realy want is stromung but this is more my budget :(
dam I what a stromung exhaust

·
Registered
441 Posts
This OBX catback is said to be a replica of the stromung catback. Is a good price for it rallitek.com has the same exhaust for $600 and if you include headers its $1000 for the full exhaust. Borla headers fit the automatic but the equal lenght I have to check.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Forester_007 said:
This OBX catback is said to be a replica of the stromung catback. Is a good price for it rallitek.com has the same exhaust for $600 and if you include headers its $1000 for the full exhaust. Borla headers fit the automatic but the equal lenght I have to check.
for 600 you can buy a REAL stromung exhaust :wiggle:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah I know , I dont know why I said it was a good price , maybe cause I had just waked up an still sleepy. Stromung is better and is cheaper is like $550 in boxer4racing.com .

Thanxs for correcting me

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Forester_007 said:
Yeah I know , I dont know why I said it was a good price , maybe cause I had just waked up an still sleepy. Stromung is better and is cheaper is like $550 in boxer4racing.com .

Thanxs for correcting me
IDK

I know stromung is top-of-the-line but maybe OBX is up there too..

I have NO experience with ither so it could quite possibly be that both are the same

1 - 19 of 19 Posts