Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At present my 99 FS5 has a Subaru radio/ cassette. I want to fit a CD player can I fit the Radio / Cassette/ CD player from later models.

See the pic to see my present set-up

Attachments

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
mate you need to take the thing out to see what connectors its got on the back, if its got an Iso connector then the worlds your oyster. Not a massive job to fit one though. I dont think the newer models will have the same connectors on the back.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
You can usually get iso adaptor harnesses to convert the Subaru connectors. Best off with an after market head unit though if you can.

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
I have a 2001 SF and they are standard connectors. Probably easiest to find something in Halfords or wherever that you like the look/sound of and that suits your budget. A new one will be very easy to fit as it will come with the correct mounting cage as well. You may need to buy an appropriate removal tool to get the old one out (looks like the 2 pronged one), but again the tools are in Halfords.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Looks single DIN though to me.....no chance of a later model double DIN.

·
Registered
99 Forester
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - looks like the Double Din is out. I thought it looked wrong this was confirmed by Northernlight.
I think I would have to relocate Headlight washer, Headlamp leveller and a light switch. to create the right size appeture.

Shame but these things happen.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
What in the wide wide world of sports is double/single din?

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
What in the wide wide world of sports is double/single din?
Jeeeees, so the stereotype (no pun intended, although amusing) about Northern non-turbo Subaru drivers with 3-letter long forum names IS true. Crikey.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
single din is the one child in the back

double din is two in the back

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Good one Nich!

Interested to see pre-newage switchgear differences - almost prefer the more quirky headlamp adjuster and a proper "switch" for brightness. I also prefer the black/grey centre console surround, instead of the fake graphite thing I have in mine, which is frankly hideous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts