Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, the joys of the West!

Looks like I will be swapping out the Blizzacks today for the Grabbers. The Grabbers are OK in the snow, as long as it stays above -10 or so and I do not see any sign of temps that low in the next while, maybe not till November. My next big drive is to Vernon (a whole 200 kms!) and temps are forecast to be as high as +15.

My next trip after that is at the end of April, to Vancouver Island. So I think I am safe to do the changeover now. Sorry Eastern Canada, you will catch up eventually :N_poke:

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,235 Posts
In Pa...you are not out of the woods til the end of March. I got stuck in my 4WD Toyota Truck in april in 1998.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing, as long as you don't plan on going back and forth over the pass you should be free for the rest of spring. It has been raining and +8 here for two weeks..

Helmer today;

especially if your changing to grabbers, I'm putting the geosquealers back on this week..
do you take the douglas lake road to Vernon?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking the same thing, as long as you don't plan on going back and forth over the pass you should be free for the rest of spring. It has been raining and +8 here for two weeks..

especially if your changing to grabbers, I'm putting the geosquealers back on this week..
do you take the douglas lake road to Vernon?
Yup, the Douglas Lake Road cuts off almost 100 kms of the drive. I have to admit it was your note that got me thinking about the change-over and when I see what the weather is going to do next week, might as well.

And the Grabbers are fine for this weather, especially the mud we are starting to see!

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kind of cool, that highway cam shot stays current.. :biggrin:
I've noticed that on some I have posted up too.

And if you had been looking close, you may have seen us go by. twice. Had to go to Aberdeen to get some magnet wire for a school project due Monday :icon_mad:

And obviously no issues with the Grabbers :biggrin:

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5MT
826 Posts
I'm keeping the Conti snow tires on until at least the end of March. Once the weather is consistently above 40*F, I'll swap back to the stock aluminum wheels with the Michelin Primacys. Even without snow/ice, the winter compound is better below 40*F than the all-seasons (or so I've read).

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
hmm, Bad news from tire shop;
one of my geosqueelers has torn up insides, and they won't mount it..
tire guy; ".. of course on a subaru that means..."
me; "put my winters back on."

so we'll see, maybe wheel/tire plans just got moved up on the list..

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the Douglas Lake Road, what a mess! Mud, mud and more mud for the eastern 20 kms or so. Really good from Nicola Lake to Norfolk Ranch, then the mud! Glad I had the Grabber's on as the Blizzak's would have been pretty slick. Even so, lots of traction control work to get through the muck, even going down hill. Ah, spring in BC......

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
yeah, a few weeks ago it was a sheet of ice, the Thunderbird TSD had a few 'offs' through there from the sounds of it. I was up around Lac le Jeune back then and would've been better off on skates.. :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts