Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Premiu CVT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock Forester radio - non nav - the CF625UM which I think is a Clarion PF-3491. A few questions:

1. Is it possible to adjust the levels for the different inputs? I had a Kenwood radio in my old legacy, and was able to make adjustments. The adjustment range wasn't enough, but it helped for Bluetooth - so I could at least tell if the GPS on the smartphone was talking.

2. How about firmware updates? The answer is probably along with

3. Is there a place where I can download the manual for the Clarion PF-3491? I haven't found it so far.

4. Where is the microphone located, and is it wired to the radio? Some of the things I'm reading mention "Bluetooth microphone" but it is hard wired isn't it?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
'15 Forester XT Super CVT
150 Posts
bump. would love to know if we could update this radio ourselves! my bluetooth connection drops repeatedly with this thing..

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Premiu CVT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@urscrewed14 - I've read of Bluetooth dropouts on the forum, but my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx connects well. The phone takes over from whatever the radio is doing, but the GPS either doesn't or is too quiet. My Kenwood Excelon 796 was better in that regard. The input adjustment wasn't enough, but with Forester I have to switch to BT to be able to hear it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts