Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just want to put this information out here as I have seen a few people talking about transmission issues on their 19's.

My Wife and I purchased a 2019 premium that was used as a courtesy vehicle for a dealership. it had 4000 miles on it when we drove it off the lot.

This was used and certified pre-owned, which they say has 7year/100k warranty.

Today my wife was driving to work and called me in a panic saying her her cluster was lit up like a christmas tree, CEL, "brake" light and "eyesight disabled" warning. She said that it was driving strange, the RPM's were higher than normal and it was "clunky" When she got off the freeway and came to a stop it was very jerky and there was then when she tried to accelerate to get out of traffic it bogged out.

She was near the dealer we bought it from so she got it there safely. They provided her with an Ascent loaner car and told her they would look into it.

A few hours later they told her they were replacing the transmission.

He said they have seen similar issues in the Ascent but not in the Forester.

We previously had a 14' forester which was part of the oil consumption class action lawsuit, we had the engine block replaced in that car under warranty and it still burned a quart of oil every 5k miles.

I was super hesitant to buy another subaru but my wife really likes them... I'm starting to wonder if I should have stuck to my guns. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a nightmare.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to hear it man. This is my first Subaru and this forum really makes you worry.

But I came from the CRV forum and that place makes you think all of the engines are dead due to dilution, which obviously isn't the case.

Let us know if you get any more info.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is my first Subaru and this forum really makes you worry.
Nah, don't let this worry you:

Most of the posts on this forum are to report and fix problems. Inherently, you will see the negatives and not the positives.
There is no forum called www.YEAYSUBARUS.com because people don't report the positives. The positives far outweigh the negatives. Don't worry about it.

Subarus (and actually Hondas too) are really good cars. I've owned both makes for decades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Remco
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing