Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My centre console is badly scratched and Subaru UK are quoting £198 for a replacement! so my question is anyone know the paint code, it's for a 2007 XTEN and it's silver

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,051 Posts
I hate the silver and am going to paint mine black soon.

I had good luck painting the instrument cluster surround with Krylon Fusion paint (meant for plastic) in a Satin Khaki color that matched my beige interior.

Some say the spray Plasti-Dip product is good if you use a lot of coats and can be peeled off if you change your mind. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate the silver and am going to paint mine black soon.

I had good luck painting the instrument cluster surround with Krylon Fusion paint (meant for plastic) in a Satin Khaki color that matched my beige interior.

Some say the spray Plasti-Dip product is good if you use a lot of coats and can be peeled off if you change your mind. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.
Thanks I'll see if I can find something equivalent here in the uk

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 4EAT
541 Posts
Any paint would be OK, FUSION for plastics is great but that plastic is already painted so no real "plastic" benefit IMO

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
that silver coating aint the best.

i hired an outback over in the USA and got some copperslip inside on the silver door handles.

i sprayed a little brake cleaner in a rag to wipe off all the copper grease. it instantly took off all the silver.

it looked awfull. so before i handed it back to avis, i used brake cleaner to remove all the silver on both the passenger side and drivers side, then got some WD40 and made it shiney black!!!!

no questions asked!...

·
Registered
05 2.0xt
147 Posts
that silver coating aint the best.

i hired an outback over in the USA and got some copperslip inside on the silver door handles.

i sprayed a little brake cleaner in a rag to wipe off all the copper grease. it instantly took off all the silver.

it looked awfull. so before i handed it back to avis, i used brake cleaner to remove all the silver on both the passenger side and drivers side, then got some WD40 and made it shiney black!!!!

no questions asked!...
:biggrin: I like your style! So did you go over to the States just to change someone's brake pads?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts