Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Will you come out? (head count)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Thank you for checking out our event thread!!!!
My name is Cory Ankenbauer and I’ve decided it’s time to start a BBQ!!!

Myself, as well as a few friends (Matt, Earl, and Nate) are throwing an annual Subaru BBQ in central PA! We will be holding this at Gifford Pinchot State park. I have attended a BBQ here in the past for a now defunct forum. That meet brought in around 150 cars, and it was perfect. It can easily hold more.

The date will be August 7 2010.

The current plan is as follows:

$5/car. Annual BBQ decals and one raffle ticket will be handed out to drivers, and anyone else willing to donate $5. ANY AND ALL PROFIT WILL BE DONATED TO HELP FUND CYSTIC FIBROSIS RESEARCH!!!!!!

Please vote on the poll, and if you like the idea, spread the word!!!! (if your forum/this thread has no poll, feel free to comment whether or not your interested. For forums this applies to, I’ll come back through every so often and update a list in this first post.)

Why you ask? There aren't many large Subaru meets in this area! We are strong, we are many, and we like BBQ!!! Also, CF needs every dollar people can give. It's terrible what CF does, we have the power to help!!

Let's gather, let's celebrate, and LET'S EAT!

FOOD AND DRINK WILL BE SERVED! Burgers and dogs are a MUST!
Now vote!!!

We will be updating this thread as time goes on, and plans are finalized!

Tentative:
Raffle!!!!!
I have contacted a few shops, and will be contacting more. Also, I’m in talks with SOA for some swag to raffle off as well.

50/50 drawing! Details to follow.

I’m going to be checking on this thread at least weekly. Feel free to ask any question you may have!!!!

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
That's nice that it funds CF research, I have two cousins with it. That's not really central PA though, 4 hours sound of Binghamton :icon_frown:. Me and my wife might attend, need to check some dates.

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Too far ahead for me to commit, but I'd attend if nothing gets in the way.

·
Registered
2004 STi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have multiple shops that are offering gift certificates/swag for the raffle!
Many more to contact yet.

Another major player has contacted me, we'll be in talks to see what roll they will play.

Things are progressing quite nicely. This is going to be THE annual Subaru meet you'll want to attend.

·
Registered
2004 STi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our local Dealership (Cumberland Valley Motors) has contacted me and is offering Raffle Swag! I'll know more closer to the event. Regardless, this is a solid push in the right direction. They have also offered to have a NEW STi on site, if one is available that day. :)

That is all for now.

·
Registered
2004 STi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have made our final selection on the location in the park.
Photo taken by Matt Wiley, one of the planners of this kick *** event.
Shop support is looking great! Dealership support is also.

The location can been see on the following link. (3rd photo to the right.)

Matt Wiley Photography - Automotive - AutomotivePanoramics
This pic makes the pavilion look really small. It will actually seat 100.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Don't see any pics/links there.

I can't commit either. Summer is filling up quickly, but we'll make the trip if we have the time.

·
Registered
2004 STi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile. My personal laptop died about a month ago, and am restricted my Droid. I just thought I would jump on while at my parents house to say thanks for allll the support. I can't wait to see you all there!

If you have questions, feel free to post them here, or the nasioc thread.
"Central Pennsylvania Subaru Barbecue"! - Page 6 - NASIOC
I/the other BBQ staff will do our best to answer them here.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Me and wife might be attending, is the first post updated with the most recent event time/place?

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
Ok, $5 donation, but how much is the park entrance fee, also what's the price for camping?

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Gifford Pinchot SP info.

The park's only ~2 hours from me, but I can't make it on 8/7. I hope everyone has a great time!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2004 STi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check the Nasioc thread for pictures of some of the prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

unfortunatly, this **** box won't let me post links until I have 15 posts. Please try and find it on your own. If you can't... feel free to back hand any mod.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Check the Nasioc thread for pictures of some of the prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

unfortunatly, this **** box won't let me post links until I have 15 posts. Please try and find it on your own. If you can't... feel free to back hand any mod.
I won't return the back hand to you for not thinking this out further and asking someone to post the link for you.

"Central Pennsylvania Subaru Barbecue"! - NASIOC

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
Well only 2 Foresters showed, Counting mine. Two or three Ooubacks, one SVX and lots of Imprezas. But my favorite was the STI Wagon, now that was Sweeeet!
We had a good time and they raised $800 for CF. Not to shabby.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts