Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester 2.0 gls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to this forum and so far I am enjoying it. I used to have a Legacy RS-B but im getting old and sensible and now have a 1998 Forester 2.0 gls.

I have given it a full service, fitted a new clutch and have a cambelt to fit but the thing thats giving me bother is the remote fobs. The fob that came with it was faulty (bits missing from circuit board). I have bought a new one from ebay which looks like the one in this post.
(subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/remote-key-fob-14265/)

I have fitted a new battery and followed the instructions but no luck (the small white plug was in drivers side foot well). The original fob looks very simular but was not the key type, just a seperate 2 button fob which looks almost identical. The circuit board is different and there is no reference number on the back.

Any help to either get the new fob working or identify the missing components on the old one (a macro photo showing small numbers would be perfect). There is the possibilty that the new fob is faulty but I have no way of testing it.

Many thanks in advance,

Kieran

·
Registered
99 stb
488 Posts
give this man a ring....................

ian 07774 446402

i got his number from scoobynet about a year ago when i had immobiliser problems (check out my old threads)
he was extremely helpful and may be able to give you some advice.
if this is still his number,ring him in office hours :icon_biggrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts