Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a tough question.

Short story
I purchase a set of Baja alloys that came without center caps

Question:
Is the Subaru center cap a “standard” size? I.E one size fits all?

Will other Subaru model (Legacy, Outback, Forester) alloy center cap work?

How about a Rota Center cap?

Thanks
 

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
Joined
·
7,249 Posts
zee lee said:
This may be a tough question.

Short story
I purchase a set of Baja alloys that came without center caps

Question:
Is the Subaru center cap a “standard” size? I.E one size fits all?

Will other Subaru model (Legacy, Outback, Forester) alloy center cap work?

How about a Rota Center cap?

Thanks
Can you measure the OD of the cap and the ID of the hole it snaps into. I have several OEM ones that I can try and match it up to. Metric measurements would probably be best.
 

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
Joined
·
360 Posts
subaru does not offer a 'standard" cap

they seem to be wheel specific pretty much

Baja alloys use a circle center cap...

no idea of the measurements exactly but go here:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

look up by part number - - 28811ac110

that gives you the idea of the cost of new....


Jamie Thomas
Jamie at chaplins.com
[url=https://www.subarugenuineparts.com][img]https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/design/logo.gif[/img][/url]
***************************
[url]www.subiegal.com[/url]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subie Gal said:
subaru does not offer a 'standard" cap

they seem to be wheel specific pretty much

Baja alloys use a circle center cap...

no idea of the measurements exactly but go here:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

look up by part number - - 28811ac110

that gives you the idea of the cost of new....


Jamie Thomas
Jamie at chaplins.com
[url=https://www.subarugenuineparts.com][img]https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/design/logo.gif[/img][/url]
***************************
[url]www.subiegal.com[/url][/QUOTE]



Thanks Jamie

That Helps, but ouch ... $29 for one!

Richard
I will measure the opening on the rim tonight.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuperRü said:
Can you measure the OD of the cap and the ID of the hole it snaps into. I have several OEM ones that I can try and match it up to. Metric measurements would probably be best.

Looks like
OD = 60mm or 2 & 5/16in
ID = 56mm or 2 & 3/16in

Looking up the part number from Jamie
W/outback 2000 - 2002
Legacy 2005 - 2006
Baja sport 2003 - 2006
Baja turbo W/leather 2004 - 2006
Alloy wheel 1998 - 2000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Suggestions for Aftermarket Center Caps?

zee lee said:
Looks like
OD = 60mm or 2 & 5/16in
ID = 56mm or 2 & 3/16in

Looking up the part number from Jamie
W/outback 2000 - 2002
Legacy 2005 - 2006
Baja sport 2003 - 2006
Baja turbo W/leather 2004 - 2006
Alloy wheel 1998 - 2000

Suggestions for Aftermarket Center Caps?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top