Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 fxt limited
3" catback
through the fender cai
parts have been on the car working flawlessly for over 9 months

saturday night. check engine and flashing cruise come on.
take it to dealer.
comes back p2097 which is rear 02 too rich.
cause of problem is maf they say. and the fact that i have a cai. making the car run to rich. which too me sounds like if i didnt have that then i wouldnt need a new maf sensor.

so i go home shorten the intake to keep it in the engine compartment. reset the code. clean the maf and pipes, go drive it get on it after a couple blocks it falls on its face then comes back and bam lights on.

get home realize i forgot to tighten the clamp on the turbo inlet to maf tube.
take care of that. and didnt reset it hoping it would just clear itself. car has rough idle. i buy a new oem maf through my dads shop. go put it in and go to reset the code and its not p2097 anymore its p0171 system lean. totally opposite problem. ok. clear it and on the second drive cycle it comes back so i get home check it and same p0171 and call pops. runs me though on testing the rear 02. that checks out fine. reset the code again after checking all my intake clamps and making sure everything is good.
and again on second drive cycle it comes back again.

im picking up a new fuel filter tomm as he read in his site that low fuel pressure volume can cause this code. or front 02 going bad. im going the cheap route first and see where i stand.

any other thoughts or inputs.
was going to put in my walbro 255 as well since im getting all my parts on soon.

·
Registered
2005 forester xt
243 Posts
if you can get ahold of a scanner.
let me know what the short/long term fuel trims are.
i know you dont want to hear it.but many cai dont work correctly.
i had to take a kids of and install stock inlet to show him.
also inspect the rubber hose at neaar the inlet tube to turbo.there is a blue connector that the hose will fall off of if you have been messing around in that area as you have been

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its the intake.. like i said its been on the car for 9 months with no problems at all. the only real scanner i can use is at my dads work about 1.5 hours away. i just go to oriellys to use theres to check code and clear it
after the fuel filter i was gonna try and find a stock intake to see if that works. im not terrible worried bout that but like i said i doubt thats it

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i got the new oem in tank fuel filter changed and put my walbro in while i was at.
go cruising around. stop and get gas. and about 10 miles later light back on. pull into orielly and get the scanner.
same code
p0171
heres all the info i could get off it.
fuel system closed loop
calculated load 23.5%
engine coolant temp 190*
STFT bank 1 24.2%
lift bank 1 14.8%
intake manifold pressure 14.7 in.hg
engine rpm 2735
vehicle speed 34 mph
ignition timing 52.5*
intake air temp 93*
mass air flow sensor 2.29 lb/min
throttle position sensor 20.3%
secondary air status off

thats it... im lost. the only other things that say fix this code are 02 sensors the rear one check outs fine so i will prob order the front one since im getting a tune soon.
maybe i should put my intake back to a cai or put a stock air box back on.

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im gonna go out and make it known that i ****ed up lol..
so ever since i came home from the dealer and cleaned my maf and shortend my intake its never been the same code its always been too lean.. first code was too rich
well when i shortened my intake the tube was kinda a pain to make fit with the filter in the engine bay and i had to push the filter over the tube a little extra..
well after all my struggles i decided to put it back to cai style and when i got all the piping back on and went to grab the filter it dawned on me.. the filter is a cone filter with the reverse inside cone from the front and when i made it a short ram i had to push the filter farther onto the tube.. basically it was like putting a cone restrictor in my intake pipe lol.. so its all good...
probly never even needed a new maf or fuel filter but whatever at least my suby is all better..

lesson learned do one thing at a time when trouble shooting to narrow your problem.. process of elimination:discomonkey:

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i guess it never did get fixed. putting it back to cai and the code came back the next day after many drive cycles. so i cut all up and made it short about the same as the spt one. then the next day it came back after many drive cycles. i dont understand why it never did this before did the rear 02 finally just get worn out..
if i get all my parts on does the tuner delete the use of the rear o2.. if so i may just have some motivation to get it done then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts