Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had a CEL come on last week 2014 FXT (115000km / 71000miles). Thought it was the gas cap so I check it and reset the CEL doing a battery disconnect. CEL came back after driving for a little bit. Took it to the dealership and they said the code was coming from an oil sensor related to the intake cam gear (sprocket). They swapped the sensors, (apparently there are two) to see if the code would reappear and it did. So they said they will have to replace the "Intake Gear Sprocket". I didn't ask too many questions or details but I've never really heard of anyone having to replace parts like these at such low mileage and year. It will be an expensive fix they claim around $1200. I am worried that this might be the start of a bigger problem or maybe it was just a faulty part.

I've already replaced the belt tensioner under warranty (luckily) and I have reported a chirping sound at 1000rpm for the entire time I've owned the vehicle and they said its normal.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2014 forester
2 Posts
I had the same problem with a 2014 Forester XT with only 75000 km. The dealership changed the cam sprocket and told me the ECM had been fried, so it ended up to be fairly expensive. I agree that this seems to be a bit early in the life of the car for this type of problem...

The car seems to be working well now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.