Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forester XT, USDM '06, 4EAT. After working on it tonight, adding trans temp gauge, I got those two codes. I find the P1718 - turbine speed, but don't find P0200. Any ideas? I suspect the P1718 (and maybe both) was set because I had it in RUN mode while verifying the power feed.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts
I know this is a very old thread, but I thought I would add in case someone else had the same problem again.

Yesterday I got the P1718 Error code. I had just finished upgrading my Trailer wiring, some hard wired Accessory Power devices AND re-wiring my Trans Temp gauge, so I wasn't sure where exactly to look for the fault. When I stated the car I immediately got this problem, along with the Check Engine, Cruise and AT Temp Light.

Searching on here only turned up this thread and one other (see below) but nothing useful. Google shows P1718 as an Error with the Trans Temp Sender signal to the ECM. Checked my Trans Temp Gauge and sure enough I had reconnected the Sender (Signal and Ground) backwards. It must have been shorting out the OEM sender...

Works find now. Hope this will help someone else in the future.

There is also this thread (but it is locked) with someone who had this problem and may or may not have been resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts