Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this weekend's fun in the grass/mud I experienced a shudder when I hit 4k RPM.. Then a CEL and the cruise control light flashed.. I pulled over to let her sit a bit. Got in and the CEL and flasing cruis control light stopped. It seems to happen on inclines and when I stab the throttle.. Any ideas party people?

Primitive Rally School FTMFW!!!!!! :p and i also ripped off passenger side fender liner... WORD!

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Go pull your Negative battery terminal to clear the CEL. I've done that twice.

My son who does tuning explains that the shudder is the result of lugging the engine; too high a gear for the throttle position. Something like that anyway. Apparently, turbos don't like that.

Downshift to keep the RPMs a little higher than you are use to before you accelerate.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Todd. I did clear the CEL and what I think may have been the problem was I managed to tear out my passenger fender liner which had exposed my removed snorkus. I opened my air box and found a littler bit of grass in the lower portion of the box. Cleaned it out.. I am going to get my fender liner back in and see if the problem consists.
The intake to to the turbo and such looked clean and dry and the turbo does spool as long as the acceleration is gradual. I will let you guys know what happens. Thanks for replying vato.

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
Last November we had a "dirty meet" in SLC and afterwards I had a CEL pop on, turns out that the MAF was caked in dust. You might want to take it out and have a look at it. All I did was carefully clean it with the MAF spray and it's been fine ever since. How did the air filter look?

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The air filter from the underside was only cluttered with grass. Some mud was in the air box but not passed the filter. Everything was clean on the intake side and the MAF is clean as a whistle.. :)
It appeared to be dry... I cleaned out the filter (Green) re-applied the oil. Now I am going to see if my fender liner needs replacing. I can't tell if some of the clip holes haver been torn or not. Going for a comparison with a new one tonight. But every time I jumped on the gas it threw a CEL and the CRUISE Control light Flashed every second or so.

Last November we had a "dirty meet" in SLC and afterwards I had a CEL pop on, turns out that the MAF was caked in dust. You might want to take it out and have a look at it. All I did was carefully clean it with the MAF spray and it's been fine ever since. How did the air filter look?

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5X Prem.
46 Posts
Driving on the highway today, straight road and 40 miles into the trip when the CEL light came on and the Cruise light flashed. Stopped at my local dealership to find out the service department is closed.

Made it home without incident but wondering what the hell is up.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Ltd
697 Posts
Driving on the highway today, straight road and 40 miles into the trip when the CEL light came on and the Cruise light flashed. Stopped at my local dealership to find out the service department is closed.

Made it home without incident but wondering what the hell is up.

My 2009 Forester XT just did the same exact thing last night. Long straight highway run, cruise control on, and bam, a CEL and flashing Cruise control light. really!?!?!?

Dropping it off at Subaru in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts